cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC HRMD_A to Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have change pointers activated on an HR system, and I need to transfer the changes to an external application via XI.

The external application accepts 3 different types of messages (e.g I have 3 distinct message type in my design rep.) but on the HR we have only 1 type: HRMD_A idoc.

I could do multimapping 1:3 but depending on the content of the Idoc, not all 3 types of outgoing messages.

Would it be enough just to set the occurrence of the target messages to 0::1 and therefore if the mapping has no values for a certain message type, that one is not created ?

I just don't want to have empty files..

Cheers,

greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you cannot use multimapping in this case.

Why don't you use Conditional Interface Determination that will determine the condition and then choose the inbound interface and thereby the interface mapping and the target adapter.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The external application accepts 3 different types of messages (e.g I have 3 distinct message type in my design rep.) but on the HR we have only 1 type: HRMD_A idoc.

-->if you have only one type then simply map that one type and ignore the others, this shd not create empty files.

Would it be enough just to set the occurrence of the target messages to 0::1 and therefore if the mapping has no values for a certain message type, that one is not created ?

-->you can do this too...but if you are able to change the target sturcture y don't you remove the other two structures that you will never use? i think there is no need to include any of the other type structure other than HRMD_A in your target message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

That's was the kind of suggestions I expected, I will give it a try ! Many thanks !!

@ Chirumamilla: The external system accepts 3 different types of message, one for Person, one for Organisational units and one for the links between person and org.

Grosso Modo, object P have to be mapped to the Person Message type, S to the Relations one, and O to the Units one.

The trouble is that all object P,S & O are coming in the same message type: IDOC HRMD_A. I'll try the sugggestion of Bhavesh.