cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metadata Integrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have problems to get the Metadata Integrator work properly. When I'm doing a lineage analysis from a report in the Management Console I got the error message "Unable to retrieve columns from Data Services".

Data Services 3.1 is running on a Win 2003 server and BOE XIR2 SP2 on another Win 2003 server. I have installed the Metadata Integrator component on the BOE server and it's executing without any problems.

Anyoney who have seen the error message before?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you will get this message if there is some problem with getting the details of column from Dataservices Repositroy for the filed/column used in the Report

is the column mapping calculated successfully for the repository ?

is it happening for lineage of one report or for all the reports ?

if you know the table and datastore from which the columns are coming for this report, try checking the lineage for that table from the Datastore, or other report where this column could be used

raphael_branger
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

I openned a case with BO Support about this. The answered, that DataServices 3.x Meta Data Integrator is not compatible with BOE R2.

Cheers, Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are able to run the collector successfully and see all the imformation in Impact in Lineage then I don't think the issue is with Metadata Integrator not able to collect information from BOE XI R2, the problem could be with the DS Impact and Lineage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I have seen this issue before.

It is part of the MI requirement that you need install the BOE components on the MI istannation if they are installed on a distributed deployment.

Cheers

Hai.