Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee Vendor changes

siddu_ch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an interface which need to compare snapshots of the employee vendor file (FK03) on current versus previous days and send those changes to the third party.

Can anybody suggest me how can we do this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think there are 2 ways to do it:

- with transaction FK15 with file name

- by Z-program reading CDHDR and CFPOS tables, with Change doc. object "KRED".

0 Kudos

>

> I think there are 2 ways to do it:

> - with transaction FK15 with file name

> - by Z-program reading CDHDR and CFPOS tables, with Change doc. object "KRED".

I agree that the CDHDR and CDPOS tables will provide you the required information to get a delta, but it is important to be careful about performance. If you take a look at the CDHDR table you will notice that the primary key and the secondary indexes are setup such that queires against this table will perform well if you know the specific document that you are wanting changes for (i.e. vendor number 123456). If you are looking for all changes to all vendors and for a specific time period then neither the primary key or the secondary indexes will help you out. The result of this will be sequential table scans that progressivly get slower as each day passes.

What I recommend is that you configure change pointers (if you are already getting change documents in the CDHDR and CDPOS table then this is easy to configure). These change pointers can be consumed by a custom program that:

- Reads the change pointers

- Uses the change pointers to access the change documents (CDHDR and CDPOS)

- Perform any required procsessing for the selected data

- Clear the change pointers

Refer to the following thread where this has been discussed and I've given more details:

I hope that this helps.

~Ian