Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to handle delay in receiving A/P invoice

Hi

I issue a PO for goods. Once the parts are arriving a GRPO is issued. So far .. everything is just fine.

Now some of the parts are issued for a production, before the A/P invoice has arrived. Once the A/P invoice arrives, it includes additional cost that updates the item cost. The items issued for production before posting the A/P invoice now are missing the additional cost and therefore the production ends up with a wrong total component cost for the product.

Is there a workaround for this scenario to have correct item cost. Waiting with issuing the items is not really an option since the A/P invoice sometimes is arriving quite late and we need to further process the items before.

Thanks

Franz

replied

Franz,

If you have not completed the Receipt or even if you have completed the Receipt..you may Return the component and Re-issue them and not you will have the updated AP Invoice Cost.

One of the suggestion I have is to use Batches for the Item which involves external work. You could probably use the Production Order number as the batch number. This way you would be able to issue the right Batch to the right Prod Order.

Let me know if this is not in the lines of your business flow.

Suda

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question