Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Security logging and tracing

Hi,

The "Security Guide for SAP xAPP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence 12.0" says the following in regards to security logging and tracing:

"Security permissions for data servers and services are written to the security log with the xMII Security category. The data includes the previous value and the value to which the security permission was changed."

I'm not seeing this type of logging in the NetWeaver logs. Can you confirm that this type of logging is working and if so let me know the filter settings to use in the Monitoring / 'Logs and Traces' utility?

Or maybe I am mis-understanding the statement from the security guide? Here is what I did. I created a new Data Server, and there were some messages logged in the NetWeaver logs indicating the creation of the Data Server. I then selected this new Data Server on the Data Access screen and assigned some additional roles to it and saved it. When I did this, no new entries were created in the NetWeaver logs. Based on what the Security Guide stated I would have expected there to be a log entry indicating what roles were previously assigned, and what roles are now assigned. Am I misinterpreting this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Steve Christensen

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question