Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Error after changing datasource

Hi Experts,

one of our test systems (IDES) with doule stack including NW Portal is connected to the client 001.

As we have a lot of users in the client 800 we want to change the configuration of the UME to client 800.

We used this SAP Help Link:

[Configuring the UME to Use an AS ABAP as Data Source|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/de/9e/fdcf3d4f902d10e10000000a114084/content.htm]

After changing the Client in the useradmin page of the J2ee UME configuration - a connection test runs successfully.

But after restarting the server:

Server is stopped - Dispatcher is running but no server connected.

dev_jcontrol:

[Thr 3440] JControlICheckProcessList: process server0 started (PID:2008)

[Thr 3440] Mon Sep 29 16:34:14 2008

[Thr 3440] JControlICheckProcessList: process server0 (pid:2008) died (RUN-FLAG)

[Thr 3440] JControlIResetProcess: reset process server0

[Thr 3440] JControlIResetProcess: [server0] not running -> increase error count (4)

[Thr 3440] JControlICheckProcessList: running flight recorder:

std_server0.out

[Framework -> criticalShutdown] Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Sep 29, 2008 4:34:12 PM com.sap.engine.core.Framework [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_39] Fatal: Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

dev_server0

[Thr 5748] JLaunchISetState: change state from [Waiting for start (1)] to [Starting (2)]

[Thr 6092] Mon Sep 29 16:34:09 2008

[Thr 6092] JHVM_RegisterNatives: registering methods in com.sap.mw.rfc.driver.CpicDriver

[Thr 6092] JHVM_RegisterNatives: registering methods in com.sap.i18n.cp.ConverterJNI

[Thr 6092] JHVM_RegisterNatives: registering methods in com.sap.mw.rfc.engine.Compress

[Thr 5064] Mon Sep 29 16:34:12 2008

[Thr 5064] JLaunchIExitJava: exit hook is called (rc = -11113)

[Thr 5064] **********************************************************************

• ERROR => The Java VM terminated with a non-zero exit code.

• Please see SAP Note 943602 , section 'J2EE Engine exit codes'

• for additional information and trouble shooting.

My first thougts were to check the RFC/JCo connections - so I changed the configuration to the old one via ConfigTool - UME.Services - restarted the J2EE engine.

Log to SM59 and Configtool. I regenerated the JCo Connection for sapfallback (was not available) and to the portal itself - Tested the connections in SM59 TCP/IP - successfully tested.

So i tried the changes again (client 800)- with the same errors as above?

Any idea what causes this misbehaviour? Or is the SAP help link only for initial setting of UME? Are there additional steps when changing from one ABAP Host (or client) to another?

Thanks in advance

kind regards

Tom

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question