cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after changing datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

one of our test systems (IDES) with doule stack including NW Portal is connected to the client 001.

As we have a lot of users in the client 800 we want to change the configuration of the UME to client 800.

We used this SAP Help Link:

[Configuring the UME to Use an AS ABAP as Data Source|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/de/9e/fdcf3d4f902d10e10000000a114084/content.htm]

After changing the Client in the useradmin page of the J2ee UME configuration - a connection test runs successfully.

But after restarting the server:

Server is stopped - Dispatcher is running but no server connected.

dev_jcontrol:

[Thr 3440] JControlICheckProcessList: process server0 started (PID:2008)

[Thr 3440] Mon Sep 29 16:34:14 2008

[Thr 3440] JControlICheckProcessList: process server0 (pid:2008) died (RUN-FLAG)

[Thr 3440] JControlIResetProcess: reset process server0

[Thr 3440] JControlIResetProcess: [server0] not running -> increase error count (4)

[Thr 3440] JControlICheckProcessList: running flight recorder:

std_server0.out

[Framework -> criticalShutdown] Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Sep 29, 2008 4:34:12 PM com.sap.engine.core.Framework [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_39] Fatal: Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

dev_server0

[Thr 5748] JLaunchISetState: change state from [Waiting for start (1)] to [Starting (2)]

[Thr 6092] Mon Sep 29 16:34:09 2008

[Thr 6092] JHVM_RegisterNatives: registering methods in com.sap.mw.rfc.driver.CpicDriver

[Thr 6092] JHVM_RegisterNatives: registering methods in com.sap.i18n.cp.ConverterJNI

[Thr 6092] JHVM_RegisterNatives: registering methods in com.sap.mw.rfc.engine.Compress

[Thr 5064] Mon Sep 29 16:34:12 2008

[Thr 5064] JLaunchIExitJava: exit hook is called (rc = -11113)

[Thr 5064] **********************************************************************

• ERROR => The Java VM terminated with a non-zero exit code.

• Please see SAP Note 943602 , section 'J2EE Engine exit codes'

• for additional information and trouble shooting.

My first thougts were to check the RFC/JCo connections - so I changed the configuration to the old one via ConfigTool - UME.Services - restarted the J2EE engine.

Log to SM59 and Configtool. I regenerated the JCo Connection for sapfallback (was not available) and to the portal itself - Tested the connections in SM59 TCP/IP - successfully tested.

So i tried the changes again (client 800)- with the same errors as above?

Any idea what causes this misbehaviour? Or is the SAP help link only for initial setting of UME? Are there additional steps when changing from one ABAP Host (or client) to another?

Thanks in advance

kind regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SSL failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

You might want to have a look at this thread.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sandeep Tudumu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the "J2EE_ADMIN" user exists in both clients 001 and 800.

In both systems it is a dialog user and valid, having the role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN, user comparison done.

- as in such configurations this should work (the authorizations for the user J2EE_ADMIN to start the J2EE Engine are stored in the UME database anyway - or am I wrong?

Any ideas?

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Log on to config tool, then go to global cluster data -> services -> com.sap.security.core.ume.service.

There check/change the following parameter.

○ ume.r3.connection.master.client ->> ABAP Client to be used as UME

○ ume.r3.connection.master.user ->> sapjsf (default value)

○ ume.r3.connection.master.passwd ->> give the new password

Restart both the ABAP+ JAVA engine.

You can also refer to this thread.

This will solve ur problem.

Regards

Deb

Edited by: Debasish Sarkar on Sep 29, 2008 5:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy,

this was what I expected BUT i supose it wont:

this is exactly the way we went (wrong)! (see the given link to SAP help - I have changed the settings via useradmin page - checked the settings in configtool - nothing seems to be wrong)

But I am only able to start the server with the old settings.

Any ideas?

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

The UME settings doesn't work. I have faced the same issue many times.

Maitain/check the exact properties as shown abaove in the configtool, specialy maitain the password in the configtool again.

After that you need to restart BOTH the server (ABAP+j2EE).

It will resolve ur issue.

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

as expected - it is still not working.

Again

SAPJSF exist in both clients with same password and needed roles and usertype system.

User J2EE_Admin has he role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN in both clients

the users are unlocked.

UME Configuration (no difference between making the settings in configtool or via /useradmin)

Client 001, SAPJSF and valid password -> working

Client 800, SAPJSF and valid password -> not working (errors above)

kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u restated the ABAP engine also?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I am able to read

kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Would it be possible for you to paste the log from the defaultTrace file?

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

look at dev_server0 (error in default trace) in the first posting, or do you want the complete log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes I`m a mess!

Look at default trace error:

#1.5 #005056827C490074000002DB00000A08000451F31E6385D7#1216004535546

#com.sap.security.core.persistence#sap.com/irj#com.sap.security.core.persistence.[cf=com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence][md=populatePrincipalDatabag(AttributeList)][cl=null]

#J2EE_GUEST#0##n/a##2ce6913050ba11dd8d2d005056827c49#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_6##0#0#Error##Java###

An exception was thrown in the UME/ABAP user management connector. This exception might be caused by incorrect user input.

It is written to the trace to assist incident analysis by SAP. Only messages also appearing in the log require administrator assistance.

[EXCEPTION]

#1#com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=localhost SYSNR=00 GWHOST=localhost GWSERV=sapgw00 PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR partner '127.0.0.1:sapgw00' not reached

TIME Mon Jul 14 05:02:15 2008

RELEASE 700

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 38

RC -10

MODULE nixxi.cpp

LINE 2823

DETAIL NiPConnect2

SYSTEM CALL connect

ERRNO 10061

ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused

COUNTER 82

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.r3persistence.R3JCo640Proxy$Client640.execute(R3JCo640Proxy.java:465)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence.doBapiUserGetDetailInternal(R3Persistence.java:5238)----

Any ideas?

kind regards

Tom

Update:

- the host file contains localhost and service file contains sapgw00 with 3300/tcp?

- the java stack runs unter https, http is only available for localhost, may this be the problem?

- Which JCo connection causes this error - actually there are three JCo Connections maintained in VA - .. - JCo RFC Provider - NONE of them connects to localhost??

Edited by: Tom Uhl on Oct 10, 2008 10:12 AM