Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabs Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody, I discovered that if you in the code press the tab key, the cursor move to the right some character spaces, but in the code does not appear the character tab, appears the characters spaces configured. We have to minimize the quantity of characters in the programs codes, because this code is transfered to mobile devices. Are there any way to configure when you press the tab key in the code, appears the tab characters and not the spaces configured for the tab? and where you can configure the spaces for the tab key?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this is a OS level configuration. Go to the command prompt in windows( go to run and type CMD). once you are in the command prompt window, type in EDIT and it will show you the DOS text editor. There go to options (in menu bar) and click on settings. This will open up another screen where in on the top you will find the TAB STOPS options. Decrease the number there to reduce the space when you press tab.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this is a OS level configuration. Go to the command prompt in windows( go to run and type CMD). once you are in the command prompt window, type in EDIT and it will show you the DOS text editor. There go to options (in menu bar) and click on settings. This will open up another screen where in on the top you will find the TAB STOPS options. Decrease the number there to reduce the space when you press tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But there the system shows me 8, but when you press the tab key in the abap editor, the cursor moves to the right 2 places. That I need is: are there any way to configure the tab key in order to use the character tab in the text codes? If that is possible, for the transfer is better because, the character tab is only one character, instead of that in this moment when we transfer the code to the mobile device the tab is composed for several character spaces.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnt find the way to do it.