cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create BPM only for WAIT step..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am working on a IDOC-XI-File interface. Its working perfectly fine.

Due to excellent processing times in SAP, our system ends up sending many files almost at same time( diff in milliseconds I guess) to the legacy system. However Legacy system doesnt like it and wants us to send a file every 1 second apart.

I tried using the '

WAIT UP TO 1 SECONDS'

statement in R/3 ssytem but somehow system does not wait for 1 second( I guess that why they call it UP TO and not WAIT TILL ) ).

Instead of relying on R/3 I thought of creating a BPM witha WAIT step. However have never done BPM before, so wanted your opinion before venturing into it for the following:

1. Can I create a BPM just to introduce 1 sec delay.
2. Since my interface is working currently, If I need to use BPM, will I have to redo the mapping etc.
3. How much time effort do you guys think will be needed to convert an existing(working interface) to BPM interface with WAIT step. (Its an Z-IDOC with 3 segments and no-hierarchy)
4. Any blogs, threads to do it would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks

Shirin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrini

Change the QOS for your file adaptor change to EOIO

this will generate queues and this will process one by one.

Even you can define timelines if you want. But as per my understanding you just wanted to process them with some gap. This should work fine.

Thanks

Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gaurav,

I am using the RECEIVER file adaptor, so not sure where can I find the QOS field.

Regards

Shirin

Former Member
0 Kudos

we don't have QOS in FCC receiver....

but before going for BPM, just check all the possiblites to find a sol.

i am working on this too..if i find some sol..i will let u know.

below link can give you shell script commands.

http://www.injunea.demon.co.uk/pages/page205.htm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can use BPM to wait for other message.

you have to create abstract message interface for BPM.

but no need to change anything in mapping.

use abstract message interface in interface mapping.

use blog:

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

instead of going to BPM, please test this once, i am not sure about this but try it once,

if your reciever communication channel is FCC.

then there is an option of running OS command after message processing, just write "sleep 1" there and give timeout as 1. i think the CC shd hold on for 1 sec before processing the second file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirumamila,

Thanks for the out-of-the box suggestion.Really apprecaited it as I never thought ion this direction.

However it did not solve my problem as somehow all files again got written almost at same time on 3rd party system.

Just out of curiiosity, do you have a list of OS comands, thread/blog which lists the various useful OS commands. It really will be a great help to know a few OS commands to sort out issues.

Many thanks

Shirin