Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending the number of levels in the Project Code Mask

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hopefully some one can help

Currently we have our project system masking code as /XX/00-00-00-00, but we are set to implement JVA soon and there is a requirement to extend the number of level, i.e. /XX/00-00-00-00-00-00.

I happened to speak to someone from SAP at a SIG a few months ago (whose name I canu2019t recall), who said this would be possible u2013 but when I try this I get a warning message.

Does anyone know if it is possible to extend the masking could, and how it can be done?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can delete the existing mask in configuration client (where you don't have any master data created) and then create/transport the new coding mask.

But this could disturb (sufixes with extra 00 at each level)the project numbers which were created using earlier mask and you might need to correct them. Refer note 453280.

Regards

Sreenivas

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check oss note 453280 and also see the associated notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system won't allow you to save the extended coding mask in this fashion /XX/00-00-00-00-00-00. You can extend the coding mask with alphanumeric key but not with numeric key. i.e. Use /XX/00-00-00-00-XX-XX not /XX/00-00-00-00-00-00.

I don't think it's having any systematic affect on the WBS numbering while creating them, the only difference/issue can be it would allow the use of alpha keys with last 4 digits.

Hope it helps.

Arya