cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dunning letter (wizzard) and payment options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we have got some trouble with the dunning wizard. e.g. we have got 4 type of different payment options:

- collection authorization

- bank transfer

- reserve invoice, it means payment before delivery by bank transfer

- cash on delivery by the postman

So far so good. of course cash on delivery and reserve invoices should not be dunned. If i start the dunning wizard differs between collection authorizations and cash transfer; the cash transfer invoices are dunned, the authorization collection invoices aren't dunned.

But the reserve invoices and the cash on delivery invoices are dunned, too. Is there a possibility in the payment methods, that these won't be dunned.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen

I see your predicament, and don't really have any other answers for you. Best would be an alert on reserve or COD invoices that need to be canceled for someone to action. You could also try and find a way to automatically tick the Dunning letter block for reserve invoices under the Logistics tab. This could be achieved with some SDK work.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah i see, its not a bug it is a feature

thanks Peter for your detailed answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen

Do customers always use a specific payment method? If so, you can block dunning per customer under the accounting tab of BP master for customers that get reserve invoices for example. The other option is to change your dunning terms to start a few days later. Are there terms of less than 15 days from posting date, and in this case are there customers getting reserve invoices that take more than 15 days to pay for example? You can try changing customer terms to a longer period for due date to exclude them from dunning as well.

Let me know what your payment terms are for reserve invoice customers, and the dunning terms you are using.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

your ideas are like mine. At the moment i defined the dunning term for cash on delivery and reserve invoices a few day later. I thought i could be possible, that i can set parameters in the payment methods, which one will be dunned. Of course a option in the wizard would be nice too, but not existing.

It is not possible to set a dunning block at each reserve invoice customer, cause payment methods change from order to order.

For reserve invoices we use cash transfer payment method with 14 day delay. After 14 days the reserve invoice orders will be canceled, but sometimes they are forgotten to be canceled. So reserve invoices will be dunned.

regards