Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include XML payload as URL query string

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus -

I have a business requirement that I'm hoping you all can help me with:

Scenario: Send XML message from SAP XI to a third party system via the Receiver Plain HTTP Adapter

I need to include the actual XML message as a query string in the target URL at the time of posting. The content of the XML message is determined within XI message mapping and will not be known until runtime, so the URL determination will need to be dynamic.

For example - a target URL with the "xmldata=" query string:

http://server01/receiver.asp?xmldata=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><headertag><tag1><value1></tag1></headertag>

Does anyone know how to do this - Is there some communication channel configuration and/or programming that would work?

Thanks to all!

Chad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is very similar to our scenario. By manipulating some of the Plain HTTP Adapter parameters, my colleague was able to post using xmldata. He set content type to text/plain then set the prolog to xmldata=. Let me know if this worked.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

dspboys - Thanks for your response!

It turns out that the xml message did not have to be included in the query string after all, and using xmldata= in the prolog field as you recommended resolved the issue. I have rewarded points accordingly!

Answers (0)