Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Information Broadcasting from Web Application in 7.0

andreas_dieterle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SDN Community,

Iu2019d like to start the BEx Information Broadcasting for BI 7.0 from a BEx Web Application and call a defined Setting for a BEx Analyzer workbook to run it once. Is it possible to do that in one step through a command (CMD) or JavaScript?

In Netweaver BI there was a CMD called START_BROADCASTER with which you could call a defined setting. But in 7.0 there is only the CMD LAUNCH_BROADCASTER which has no paramters for the type.

Are there any other oportunitys to control the BEx Information Broadcasting through a Web Template (with a API for example).

Kind Regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With START_BROADCASTER you should be able to open the setting. But in order to run it, user will have to manually click on execute.

Look @ the following URL which I pulled up from my BI system:

/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_add_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.bex3x?system=SAP_BW&CMD=START_BROADCASTER70&SETTING_ID=MY_PORT_SET

It clearly takes SETTING_ID as paramter.

If you want to run the settings, you have ABAP jobs to do the same!

You can have a wrapper which will call those jobs for specific settings and create a BSP around it. This BSP could be called from WAD via URL passing setting ID.

Hope it helps.

Abhijeet