cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down box in WAD is not affecting the analysis grid result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I m new in using WAD. I ve assigned a char in cube as Data Provider to Dropdown box. A query on the same cube as data provider to the analysis Item. Now If I select a value of char in drop down box, in the report only the selcted data has to be appeared instead of all the data of the query.

I ve tried several times by specifiyng the affected data Provider as query in the Data binding of the drop down box and tried commands : Data Provider commands for filter values --> set filter values for a char/ set filter values etc., but the data in the table is not affecting at all.

Can u please guide me Which command I should use and How ?

I ve builld a Hierarchy on that char and enabled it in the report too. and I think Hierarchy node var is not req on this. can u plz guide me on this?

Thanks in advance

Arjun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

The Data provider should be the same which is being used by the table and more over you have an option of Read mode over there to display the values in the report based on the Dimension Table values or Posted values or Master data table values.

Moreover in the specific properties panel of the Drop down, you need to mention on which characteristic you want the drop down box.

Post back if your issue doest resolve.

Cheers

Gattu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Chaitanya has solved the problem, bcuz the DataProvider has to be the same if you want the changes to be reflected from whatever characteristic you select.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks Chaitanya and Vishal

Now I want to Hide the come of the columns in the graph ,which is also feeded with the same Data Provider

Ive posted it as other thread

Plz help me in this regard too

Thanks in adv