cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Painter - Business Area & GL Account Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here is the problem I'm attempting to solve. In the Rows we have all the inventory GL/Accounts and company codes. In the columns we have the Period and Business Area.

The issue the company has all of their postings in one company code going into a "blank" business area(long story here and we're attempting to get that changed). But in the meantime I have dollars in these blank business areas being captured along with another business area. For example we have BA identified as Parts & Service and Machines. I've set it up right now so that all blank business areas are captured with the Parts & Service column. Now comes the problem. There is one specific GL Account that should be captured under the Machine BA column. Does anyone know how to use a formula in a column to pull just the one GL Account under the blank business area. I could then create another column that adds the Machines column(that includes all the GL Accts) and the Blank column with just the one specific GL Account.

I thought I could do this with formulas in a column but I'm having difficulty getting it to work. I was hoping somone might have a suggestion on how to accomplish this task. Your ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by: Daniel Goodhart1 on Sep 29, 2008 3:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally was able to get it resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please double click on the cell in which you would like to have the specific value. You would be given options of selecting Characteristics with key figures. Select and do the needful.

You would get the desired value here. Thereafter you can either create another column or use the value such fetched in the same column and then hide the relevant row.

Hope this is useful.

Assign pts please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swapvik,

When you say "double click on the cell in which you would like to have the specific value" is this while I am in the edit mode for the report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes.. you should be in the edit mode in the form..