Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Report Painter - Business Area & GL Account Question

Hi All,

Here is the problem I'm attempting to solve. In the Rows we have all the inventory GL/Accounts and company codes. In the columns we have the Period and Business Area.

The issue the company has all of their postings in one company code going into a "blank" business area(long story here and we're attempting to get that changed). But in the meantime I have dollars in these blank business areas being captured along with another business area. For example we have BA identified as Parts & Service and Machines. I've set it up right now so that all blank business areas are captured with the Parts & Service column. Now comes the problem. There is one specific GL Account that should be captured under the Machine BA column. Does anyone know how to use a formula in a column to pull just the one GL Account under the blank business area. I could then create another column that adds the Machines column(that includes all the GL Accts) and the Blank column with just the one specific GL Account.

I thought I could do this with formulas in a column but I'm having difficulty getting it to work. I was hoping somone might have a suggestion on how to accomplish this task. Your ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by: Daniel Goodhart1 on Sep 29, 2008 3:39 PM

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question