cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yesterday's Delta Load Failed and Today's load Started

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Yesterday the Basis guys restarted the ECC Production system without informing BI. Hence lots of Delta load in the Process Chain failed. Unfortunately no one monitored it and today's load (Process Chain) started.

Has the Previous delta has failed, today's delta just brought "0" records.

My Question is for which load we need to do the repeat Delta ? For Yesterday's Failed Delta or Today's Delta ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you lost your yesterdays delta as next delta (todays delta) also got pulled.

If todays delta had not pulled you could have done repeat delta.

I think you need to do repair full or reinit.

Hope this helps.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you know the range of data to be pulled and if you have DSO in the mix go for repair full for that range.

Else go for init.

Init is better method but make sure no posting happens during this process.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am opting to do a INIT load.

You mentioned no posting must take place while doing a INIT load. Is this right ? Because I was under assumption that No posting must take place only while filling the Setup Tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

That's right only for setup tables. The other extractors don't use setup tables and therefore no problem doing stuff in R/3 side while doing your init data.

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diogo Ferreira and Praveen,

Thanks for your suggestion and ideas. I did the Init load. I wish I need to give 10 points for both of you, but Unfortunately I need to give to just one.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

That seems just like my BASIS team... What a piece if crap!

I've notice that in some datasources when you do a delta repeat the datasource brings 0 records, and after that another delta will bring the records missing from the previous delta plus the current delta records.

So just repeat once again the delta and the info will be ok.

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diogo Ferreira and Praveen,

So Do you guys suggest me to do a

1) Repeat Delta for yesterday's load or Today's Load (by changing the status to Red).

2) Or do a Init load as the data load volume is just few thousands ( we just went Live Few months back)

Thanks for your suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

So if Init load don't have much load records, do the init again is definitely more safer!

If not, and you had a delta load process running when the BASIS team restarted your system, then you'll see the log stating load failed due to system shutdown.

In that case, if you wish to repeat the delta, you mark that request as red, and load another delta (this is a repeat delta). If this delta brings you 0 of 0 records but executes ok, just repeat once more the same delta and you'll see records there (in this case it is bringing the records from two simultaneous deltas). If the first delta brings records, no need for a second delta.

Diogo.