Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Class charac.is already linked with master insp. charac.TEMP1 in plant 0001

Hi.

Please help me with my problem.

I try to link class charac. "TEMP OIL" with master insp. charac. "TEMP2" in plant 0002.

Also class charac. "TEMP OIL" linked with master insp. charac."TEMP1" in plant 0001.

And as a result I have system message:

"Class charac. is already linked with master insp. charac. QM_TEMP in plant B801

Message no. QS094

Diagnosis

You want to link a class characteristic that is already linked to master inspection characteristic QM_TEMP in plant B801 to another master inspection characteristic. This is not allowed, since each class characteristic can only be assigned to one master inspection characteristic.

Procedure

Assign a different class characteristic, or no class characteristic to the master inspection characteristic."

But I can't assign a different class characteristic because we inspect the same material in different plants. And the same material have the same class characteristic in all plants. Also I should create for each plant for one master insp. charac, because they are define on each plant.

Where is the escape?

Thanks, Maria.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Maria,

SAP is pretty definitive.. you can only assign one class characteristic to one master inspection characterisitic. For those using batch management this is critical.

As a result, most places using batch management create all the master inspection characteristics, (MIC's), in a single corporate plant or virtual master data plant. These MIC's can be used in any plan, and any plant can use any plan.

So you can create a plan in plant 1000 but use the characteristics created in plant 0001 if you want.

You can also create a plan in plant 0001 but assign materials from plant 1000 to it if you wish.

Craig

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question