cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing a file via File Adapter without renaming.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a scenario whereby we pick up a file locally using a file adapter set up as a sender in local NFS file mode, and then pass that file through PI without mapping or conversion to XML.

We would like to send the file via a file adapter set up as a receiver in FTP mode, and to use the filename that was recognised by the sending adapter. However, I cannot see a way to do this.

is this possible?

- Tony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if we want to get the Output file as same as Input file name. What ever the Input file name may be, the Output file name should be as same as the Input Picked File name means,

1)Sender File Adapter side,In Advanced mode check the check box Set Adapter-Specific Attributes

---Select File name

2) You can give any Dummy name at Receiver File channel for the Receiver File Name

3)Check the Check box Use Adapter-Specific Attributes in the receiver side also.

-

Select the file Name Option

Regards

Seshagiri

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is possible with same file name, find below link for more help

0 Kudos

This Blog from Mical talks about the same thing you are trying to achieve.

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

pass that file through PI without mapping or conversion to XML

--->

In this case you can avoid IR completely..refer

To keep the same filename from sender to receiver, check adapter specific message attributes in sender and receiver file adapter. Check filename

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understand correctly, you just want to transfer a file without any mapping from one FTP to another FTP.

You can do it! Just like NFS , set the sender as FTP and receiver as FTP.

Wherever it has asked for interface name or other names related to IR, put a dummy interface and it will work.

You can also use XI just to make a file transfer from one FTP to another .

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is, as I see it, that the File Receiver in FTP mode expects a naming convention that will not provide what er want to do.

e.g. File sender processes a file EDI00001.txt. We want to send that file via the File Receiver in FTP mode with that filename, EDI00001.txt.

Next file picked up from file sender has name EDI00002.txt. We want that sent via FTP as EDI00002.txt, etc etc.

Problem is, it seems there is no way to tell the File Receiver to use the file name that the File Sender picked up.

BR,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Yes, that solved the problem!

Thanks very much.

BR,

Tony.