cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key mappings issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Actually i am having a problem in updating the key mappings.

I have a qualified table Sales

And in it there are two Non Qualifers are Sales Org and Distribution Channel.

For example : I have Sales Organization Distribution Channel

2025 01

2025 03

i did the cloning of sales Org and mapped the cloned field to the remote key. But while checking in the data manager i am able to find the remote keys for one i.e for example (2025 , 01) but not for (2025 , 03).

Please let me know if there any settings i need to have in the import manager.

BR

SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

If you have made all the necessary settings for Key Mapping like, setting Key mapping as YES for qualified tabelThen you should be able to see the key mapping for all the qualified records in the qualified tabel under ->Edit key mapping.

You need to check out for the following:

- Firstly you are performing the cloning action on the Fields in the source tabel and mapping them to the Non qualifiers by selecting teh destination Table as the qualified atbel and not the Main table.

- Second most imp thing is that when you clone the field you map the Original Field to the Remote Key Field in the dstination and the Cloned field to the non qualifier field.

Just make the necessary changes and check to see if it works fine then.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

I Have the necessary settings for the qualified table in the console like Key Mapping to YES.

In my case both the Non qualifiers are the Display Fields i.e sales Org and Distribution Channel. As you suggested, i tried to map the original field to the remote key and the clone field to the Non Qualifier.Then also it is not solving the issue.

My issue is suppose i have sales org and distribution channel as

1000 05

1000 06

1000 07

1000 08

Then in this case i am able to see the key mapping for let's say

(1000 05) but NOT for the rest.

Please suggest

BR SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

As far as I can understand from the example of your source given above:

MDM is behaving as expected.As The remote Key feature in MDM is used to identify the Unique Remote Unique Key coming from Remote system which are used to identify Unique in any table.

Say for eg :

I have a rec coming in from sytem A having a remote key as Material Number A00.

And another Material rec coming in from another sytem B having Key as mAterial Number B00.

Now in MDM I identified them as duplicates and merged these two records with a GLobal ID A00.So now how in MDM i will be able to se just one Global merged record with Material num A00.How do i then track the record and its information which has come from remote sytem B.

For this i have Key mapping enabled.

When i select key mapping on the global rec it will show me two records with the same global ID A00 but the sec rec will have the local id as B00.

Now in your case,You are mapping the Field Sales organisation with Remote Key.So MDM identifies just one record amont them as unique rec with the unique ID 1000.The rest MDM are not able to track as they are not unique so for lal the rest of the records with different dist channel are not visible.

Because you remote key is holding the sales org values.

Remote key must be mapped with a field from the source which is your Unique field to identify two rec distinctly.

You can try by making the sales organisation values as diff for each rec say 1000,2000,3000 etc and then keep the smae mapping and watch how it looks.

If the req is such that the same sales org must have diff dist channels then you will have to remodel your data acc.

Another workaround would be:

- Partition your sourc fields sales org and Dist channel

- partition your destination fields sales org and Dist channel

- May the source partition to the Remote key field

- The sales org only field to sales org only field in dest.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz/ Simona,

Problem Solved .I am able to vie the kep mappings by taking the combination of the fields for the key.

Points awarded

BR

SK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susil,

Looking to your problem it seems that, the system is recognizing only one unique value for a remote key as you have mapped only one non qualifier out of two.

Work around can be, combine both the non qualifiers.

Map the combination to the remote key. This combination will always be unique.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a another record with the same key value ? Hope you are aware that the key is a unique field.

To find out - take a dump of the keymapping talbe in a txt file via the syndicator or by exporting in DataManager - this will tell you for sure if there is a duplicate.

Regards,

Vinay