cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Custom Controllers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement wherein Iu2019ve to make certain fields (Project Start Date, Project End Date, Currency, Revenue Projections, Primary Unit Involved, Other Units involved) non-editable when PROPOSAL exists.

Iu2019m following the below mentioned approach :

u2022 Calling function u2018CRM_DOC_FLOW_READ_DBu2019 in DO_PREPARE_OUTPUT ( in IMPL class) to return the follow-up transactions of current Opportunity transaction.

u2022 Setting the value of a flag variable accordingly.

u2022 Using a custom controller to retrieve the value of the same flag variable in GET_I_XXX ( in CN class) method.

Iu2019ve written the code at both the places, but in the GET_I_XXX method, it gives me the following error when I try to invoke the get_cutom_controller method : u201CMethod GET_CUSTOM_CONTROLLER is unknown or PROTECTED or PRIVATEu201D.

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Any pointers would be of great help.

TIA.

Regards,

Richa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yevgen_trukhin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have to do extract first your view controller, then get custom controller from it..

• Get the component controller instance

lr_view_controller ?= me->controller_owner.

lr_custom_controller ?= lr_view_controller->get_custom_controller('Your_controller');

Best Regards,

Yevgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yevgen,

Thanks for the input.

I tried the approach, my 'me' is pointing to the CN class, but there is not 'controller_owner' attribute present.

Am I heading in the right direction?

Thanks,

Richa