cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are support packages cumulative?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed a test system that was at SPAM 620/0008 level. In looking for patches for SPAM, I found packages 0009 through 0019. I chose 0019, imported it and declared victory. Then, as a test I tried to import package 0018. It told me that this package is obsolete.

Are packages in SAP always cumulative? Is the best practice to work forward, one package at a time, or jump to the end and apply the latest one only? Or define them all to the queue manager in SPAM and let them all rip at the same time?

Thanks,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only SPAM are cumulative. Rest of the packages like BASIS, ABAP, BW etc. you have to apply them one by one. If you try to apply a later one it will not let you do that, thats beacuase SAP defined the dependencies and they are stored in a DB. when you try to apply a package it reads the DB and checks the dependencies.

regards

Shravan

andreas_stolz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shravan,

that's true for the Abap Stack. The J2EE patches are cumulative, with some exceptions on minor NW04 releases (SP4-5). Application Patches, like XI patches, which are to be deployed on the J2EE engine, are cumulative, too.

Rgds.,

Andreas

Answers (0)