cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Online

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am creating a web dynpro component that will integrate to KM. I would like to have the WD application launch the Edit Online context menu feature on a HTML file stored in KM. I bascially would like to have the user edit the HTML file with no knowledge they entered KM. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to trigger the Edit Online option?

Thank you,

Steven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stevan,

I bascially would like to have the user edit the HTML file with no knowledge they entered KM.

What does this mean? Where will the user get the link to edit the HTML file?

Will they get it in an email? as in some notification?

Or they will have a Edit command on the context menu of the resource in KM?

in this case u can create a custom KM Command and there u can call ur application and open

up the edit view.

Give more details on ur req,

Check this

Regards

BP

Edited by: Bobu George Putheeckal on Sep 30, 2008 1:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

BP,

I will try to better explain my req.

A html file has been created in KM, with path document/guidance/file.html.

In my Web Dynpro application, I would like to have a button that says Edit, which when clicked will open up file.html in the online editor. I know how to navigate to my file via the KM API, but I do not know how to trigger the file to open (ie simulate the context menu edit online click).

Another way to put it would be to have a button in my Web Dynpro program that essential executes the context menu -> Edit Online click. Does that better explain my scenario?

Thanks,

Steven

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven

Have a look at this [Blog|https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/5442]

Regards

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

BP,

Thanks for the reply. I looked over the blog but it does not cover what I need (unless I am missing the point). The blog shows how to launch a Web Dynpro app from KM/UWL. I wish to launch a the Edit Online context menu selection from a Web Dynpro app.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Steven