cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimization method for long-term plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I´m starting the realization phase im my SCM project (APO 5.1) and I´d like some tips about optimization method in SNP module for long-term plan because I´ve some doubts.What´s necessary for implementation this function ? Which additional skills are necessary ?

For example : my scenario is make-to-order with configurable material ; I need pegging to match demand and plan results. Optimization method is based-quantity and don´t have pegging. In this case, what is alternative solution ?

Regards,

Rolim de Camargo

System Analyst

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolim,

For make-to-order scenario in SNP, you can choose CTM as the optimisation Engine. This Engine priorises your demand Vs supplies. ie This Engine basically categorize supplies based on receipts and prioritise your demands. The necessary for implementation of this function is the integrated R/3 & APO system, livecache, database servers, SNP skillset resources etc.,

Regards,

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil

I understood your answer but I need to use optimization engine to find the most to cost-effective plan and CTM engine find the first solution to match demand vs supply.In a medium-term plan I´ll use CTM engine.

When I use optimation engine,it´s a necessary large knowledge about linear and discrete optmization. In this case, how is the roadmap to implement a long-term plan with optmization engine ? Which additional skills are necessary (i.e. mathematics knowledge ) ? And do you know how much time are necessary to implement, as reference an example ?

Regards,

Rolim de Camargo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolim,

In CTM itself, effective optimisation can be achieved. No mathematical knowledge is required specially for these kind of implementations. You can go through help.sap.com and learn the process thoroughly. It takes minimum 3 to 6 months for the entire implementation to complete. If design itself is not available, then it takes more then 6 months.

I would suggest, please go ahead and start preparing for it. I will guide you as and when required. Post me queries/issues/support so that I will quickly respond to it so that you can get success in your work.

Regards,

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (0)