Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in activating the ABAP proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was following the url below, on how to activate ABAP proxies,

and I came across certain issues.

I hav made the HTTP connection in R/3 as per the blog and as well as the TCP/IP conections in R/3 keeping in mind the program ID from XI dev server -> sm59 -> LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI_XID, and in both the TCP/IP connections that I made in R/3 I have applied the Gate way host and Gate way service of the XI development server.

Then I tried the connection testing in R/3 TCP/IP connections - LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI, and both worked successfully.

Now when I went to SPROXY, of R/3 in order to see my components and nane spaces, [that I have made in the XI dev server[ , to craete my PROXY, I could ONLY find the

SAP ABA

SAP APPL

SAP BASIS

SAP HR.

There are some more standard components and custom software components, in XI DEV server that I cant see.

I hav developed several mname spaces in the XI dev server, that I expected to get reflected in the R/3.

Where am I going wrong? What is the mistake I am doing??

Points will be awarded.

Arnab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto -> SPROXY (Respective system) --> Goto ---> Connection Test --> Wud list u all the programs ans seettings to be checked --> Follow those steps wud solve u r problem.

In u r bussiness system -- create RFC Connection --> SAP_PROXY_ESR

This wud make u r IR development objects visible for generating proxies

regards

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> Goto -> SPROXY (Respective system) --> Goto ---> Connection Test --> Wud list u all the programs ans seettings to be checked --> Follow those steps wud solve u r problem.

>

> In u r bussiness system -- create RFC Connection --> SAP_PROXY_ESR

>

>

> This wud make u r IR development objects visible for generating proxies

>

> regards

> srini

What should be the parametrs for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SWCV would only be visible in the SPROXY of an Applicaion system if it is installed on the business system.

Go to SLD, technical system, find the one for R/3...in installed s/w tab check if your product is installed on this tech system, if not add corresponding product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have done everything as per the blog then refresh the XI chache by tcode sxi_cache and then try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have u configured SLSAPICUST ? also what is the output of the SLDCHECK tcode. Please also check thet corresponding business system is maintained in SLD.

Regards,

Ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

I donno hw to configure SLSAPICUST .The output of SLDCHECK t code in R3 is it didnt open......

It is giving an error when I used the transaction sxi_cache in r/3

Cache contents are obsolate. And the Delta Cache Refresh and Complete Cache Refresh are in display mode, I mean , it can only be seen, but not used.

When I opened the transaction SLDCHECK, its showing Summary: Connection to SLD does not work

The HTTP connection test is giving an error as :

ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED.

Pls suggest !

Arnab Mondal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arnab

while creating LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI test them, if you are not getting status code 200 then connection is not correct. These need to work fine first then only ABAP proxy connection can be tested.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

the connectivity of LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI is successful, but I donno hw do u check this status code 200 ??

Also , hope u did notice the HTTP error I got ,

Regards,

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

You have to do this step also which is mentioned in the Blog

3. Maintain SLD access details in Transaction SLDAPICUST

this is used to Access the SLD part from Application System

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arnab

Check with the user authentication.

are you using XIAPPUSER or J2EE admin

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

where exactly do we check this?

Check with the user authentication.

are you using XIAPPUSER or J2EE admin

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

Your Cache contents might be obselete.Pls ask basis to do a complete cache refresh if delta refresh dnt work.

This refresh takes some time to complete so plan accordingly.

You can chk in SXI_CACHE.

-Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arnab

1. for creating proxy you need to create an RFC type H, T. Did you created with J2EE user or XIAPPUSER or your User roles are fine for Type H, T creation.

As you said RFC are fine i assume authentication is not a problem.

2. Gateway host and Gateway service are correct or not? Check with basis in case of discrepancy

3. RFC destination type H when you test should provide some status back. Best to use ABAP port instead of Java.

4. DO SLDCHECK is it connected or not.

5. Refresh the Cache and in case of error with Delta cache inform basis to refresh it.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anirban,

I tried this out, by going to SXI_Cache of the r/3 server, but as I discussed earlier, both, the Delta Cache as well as the Complete cache are in inactive mode .

I want to know is there some other way by which the basis guys do this,

awaiting reply,

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

"The output of SLDCHECK t code in R3 is it didnt open......

You dnt have a connection with SLD. Please configure the SLD propoerly.As a first step you see the below link .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/78/20244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Refer the flow chart and troubleshoot step by step.Once you are done, download the "XI Readiness check latest vesion(4.0)" Or the version thats applicable for you from market place and use it to check other setings.

Incase SLD Check works you get the o/p in a browser with results of RFC calls that are also discussed above.

Regards,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

u must tell me, the status, from the below output from SLDCHECK

Exchange Infrastructure: Test LCR Connection

RFC ping was successful

SLD server access settings:

host name: demoretail

port number: 50000

user : SLDAPIUSER

Use transaction SLDAPICUST if you wish to maintain the SLD s

Launching the SLD GUI in a separate browser window...

=> Verify in the browser GUI that the SLD is in a healthy ru

Calling function LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS

Retrieving data from the SLD server...

Function call returned exception code 4

=> Check whether the SLD is running!

Summary: Connection to SLD does not work

=> Check SLD function and configurations

Now checking access to the XI Profile

Properties of RFC destination LCRSAPRFC

RFC host:

%%RFCSERVER%%

program id: LCRSAPRFC_RXD

gateway host:

gateway service: sapgw00

Testing the RFC connection to the SLD java client...

RFC ping was successful

Calling function EXCHANGE_PROFILE_GET_PARAMETER

Retrieving data from the XI Profile...

Function call terminated sucessfully

Retrieved value of

section = Connections

parameter = com.sap.aii.ib.server.connect.webas.r3.ashost

-> value =

Summary: Connection to the XI Profile works correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS returns 4.

This is in error it should be ideally

u201CFunction call terminated successfullyu201D and you should be able to see a list of a few business

systems".

Pls check with the solution for this in the flowchart.Rest of the details seems fine.

Also execute these reports as a next step:-

SPROX_CHECK_IFR_ADDRESS

SPROX_CHECK_HTTP_COMMUNICATION

SPROX_CHECK_IFR_RESPONSE

SPROX_CHECK_IFR_CONNECTION

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was following this URL.http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/78/20244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

I am getting stuck in the very first step. When I am loggin in the SLDCHECK trc of the R/3 system, it is not opening any page. Should it open a web page for XI or R/3?

It is giving teh fllowing error!

Calling function LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEM

Retrieving data from the SLD server...

Function call returned exception code

=> Check whether the SLD is running!

Summary: Connection to SLD does not work

=> Check SLD function and configurations.

My query is,I am testing this transaction SLDCHECK in R/3 and is is it giving this messege for XI SLD?? or R/3 SLD?

If For R/3 SLD, then how is it possible, because, R/3 shouldny hav any SLD, java page isnt it.

In the transaction, SLDAPICUST, it shows a host name and user, but taht user does not exist in Su01 of my R/3 system, i donno who maintained it but cantunderstand what to put here!

Regards,

Arnab

Edited by: Arnab Mondal on Oct 31, 2008 9:47 AM