Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Auto Reaction don't send Alert email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

this is my landscape:

1. Solution Manager SP15 where I configured the CEN and where I registered the CSMREG user for availability monitor.

2. Two satellite systems (ECC 6.0 and R3 enterprise) where I have installed the CCMSPING AGENT.

Then I configured the Availability Monitor in RZ21 of my Solution Manager. After that I found the 2 satellite systems in the Alert Monitor under Availability and Performance Overview Monitor and the Alert work correctly.

Now I would like to send an alert email when a satellite system is down.

So I created a new method Z_CCMS_ALERT_MAIL as copy of CCMS_OnAlert_Email and I assigned manually the new method to Availability_SysPercent_ABAP MTE class in RZ20 transaction as described in SAP note 543414.

Then I shutdown manually a satellite system to generate the alert.

In the alert monitor - Availability and Performance Overview Monitor of Solution Manager the Availability_SysPercent_ABAP MTE class became red but the system does not send alert email automatically.

If I open the alert view and start manually the auto-reaction method for the node the alert email is sent successfully.

What is the problem?? How can I do it in automatically???

Thanks in advanced

Moreno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

first thing is the ccsmping agent needs to be installed and registered on solutionmanager and not on satellite systems.

2) is ur scot configured are u able to send mails for all other alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the SCOT is configured correctly. When I start manually the auto-reaction method the mail is sent.

The agent ccmsping was registered as describe in the SAP Library in the satellite system and it is added in the RZ21 in the Configure CCMSPING availability monitor.

When I test the PING of the satellite system it works!!

Any IDEA??

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you are very right the test ping will work but will not send the mail.

The autoreaction method is central and wont work for the local agents.

The agent needs to be installed on solman and registered with solman to send the alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can install CCMSPING agent on any system in landscape, but u need to configure with central system.

Solution for u'r problem - ccmsping availability monitoring tree is considered as local tree element and you can not use central auto reaction method to send emails.

Check scot configuration in client 000(default domain, email id) rather than in productive central system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kobby bryant,

The scot in client 000 is not configured. Now I configured it and the emails are sent.

Thank you very much

Moreno

Answers (0)