Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there way to delete the Delta requests from DSO

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there way to delete the Delta requests from DSO successfully. I could delete the request but not the data from the active data table by using RSICCONT table.

Please suggest.

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shanti,

You should also delete from the tables RSMONICDP, RSODSACTREQ,RSODSACTUPDTYPE and RSREQDONE.

Hope this helps...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhaskar,

if a request is activated in an DSO, its data is written into the active data, and the change data (before and after image) is created. To do this the content of the DSO is updated using the primary key of the DSO.

If your Request has updated existing entries of an DSO, its content has been changed. If the active request you want to delete is not the last request activated in the DSO, it is difficult to remove. If it is the last request, you can delete it. The delta data of the DSO is then used to go back to the before image.

If your request is not the last - I will just assume this for the moment - I see two ways to delete data:

1. Delete by sematics. So try find out in terms of primary key which data you have to delete. Then use the "selective" delete (Manage->Tab Contents).

2. Delete all the requests up and until the one you want to delete. This is an option you can only use, if you can get the lost data by other means (i.e. Repair updates, other deltas, import of files etc.).

What you have to consider is the effect on data targets of the DSO (if any) and if your source can give you back deleted requests (suggestion 2). If the data of the request you want to delete is already moved to data targets, both above mentioned methods will not help. You would wipe out tracks, but the data is in the data targets. In this case you should think about a way to enter correction data. This is sometimes done by importing data from file.

BTW, I think it is always a bad idea to try to remove BI data without using the internal tools. It may cause harm then help.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go for selective deletion.

Thanks...

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to RSA1 ...>DSO.....>manage

Select the request , make the QM red and delete it.

Thanks...

Shambhu

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

I need to excute thr abap program...

bhaskar

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Actually i tried all those tables which u mentioned ...Still activa data table shows data.

Do I need to delete from those tables in any particular order.

Thanks

bhaskar..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why don't you use the standard tools:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/2d/677b3c513d3311e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

"1. If you want to delete entire requests that are incorrect, then choose Delete by Request. With this, requests that are not activated can be deleted from the activation queue, or activated requests can be deleted from the active data table and the change log."

Regards

Andreas