cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone C folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am in on C folder implementation project, Please help me to solve following problems or doubts as i am new to this C folder.

1. Can we implement C folder in a standalone mode, Like no SAP PLM system in place.

2. Is there any implementation or customisation guide availble to implement C folder as a standalone.

3. What are the tasks or activites involoved in this implemetation phase.

4. the Business requirement is like, they want to share drawings through a standalone C folder. The access to vendor will be give through SRM 5.0. The vendor should do or suggest changes (mark up). So in this scenario how should i proceed like what all task n standard procedure i should follow.

Thanks,

Vivek B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Yes, absolutely you can implement cFolders standalone. The other components will still be there but you just don't configure/use them.

Installation guides can be found at https://service.sap.com/instguides (login required) > Release and Upgrade Info > SAP Business Suite Applications > SAP PLM > using cProject Suite 4.x

I guess the above should cover your questions 1~3.

Cheers,

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx...

It will be helpful if u can tell me how I should proceed for the business case mentioned in my earlier post. I just want to know the major steps / activities in brief.

Regards,

Vivek B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

The following thread may help you -->

I haven't really done the technical setup of cFolders, so I would not be able to give you any detailed info. However, in my last project we used cFolders standalone with cProjects/xRPM (the standard integration did not fit our business requirement). The above thread contains a link to the SAP help which details how you define the URL for calling cFolders.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Lashan