cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session for portal user of type RFC are not getting killed even ifuserlogof

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question on the number of sessions that are generated in R/3 when a user is active on the portal. If I watch my user is transaction SM04, I see many sessions are being created and when logging of, some don't get closed. I always used the correct way of logging off

how can i ensure after a user log off from portal all of the corresponding session which are visible in SM04 of type RFC will be killed .

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Buphinder,

What should happen is that the DSM (distributed session manager) either picks up or the program registers with the DSM that it is logging on to SAP. DSM then handles it.

Except - DSM uses a pop up window (you see it pop up minimised when exiting the portal). Therefore pop ups should be enabled for the SAP Portal website. A common solution is to add it into the 'trusted zone' list of websites in IE.

I hope that helps a bit.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Responce.

if i am checking my DSM logger status in portal every thing is in red Signal detach mode

do i first have to attach all the dsm logger related process or it will be inbuilt in working status before implementing what you have suggested

Do guide me on that and yes when i log off from a portal a small window did came to ask for logoff

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The small window asking you if you want to log off is not the DSM. it is a minimised small window so you need to watch the taskbar to see if a window appears and then disappears. It appears whenever the user is exiting SAP, e.g. when when you click on to another tab in the TLN, it logs out of SAP then.

However, if you have a popup blocker on, then it is likely to block it, unless the portal URL is in the 'IE trusted zone'.

If you search sapnet for DSM or session manager, there is a note explaining lots about it.

The thing I do not know from your post, is this a bespoke application or standard SAP webdynpro?

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

What we are using in portal are standart iViews and some Customized iVIew some one told that if any new windows open while browsing the potal then it will detach itself from parent RFC and when you logoff that detached RFC will remains there in SM04 holding memory

is there is any way to prevent this

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They are correct. In fact with webdynpro generally two RFCs are made, one for data and one for metadata.

The DSM should handle closing any sessions.

Don't forget the parameter sessionexpirationperiod on the security provider too, this closes sessions on the java engine, so will probably close it on the ABAP side too.

Answers (0)