cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Replicating (pls help)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing problem to replicate!!!!

1. When I use transaction MEREP_EX_REPLIC to replicate it gives me message “ SyncBo XYZ does not exit “

2. When I use transaction MEREP_PD to replicate it gives me message Information “Replicator only handles generated SyncBOs “. Whereas I have already generated SyncBo.

Can any one help me with this? How to replicate properly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

thanks for answering my doubt.

my problem is solved.

1). Can you please tell me why do we use replicator.

Thanks in advance.

Abhishek B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

In MI system there are three databases:

On client device, on MI Server (Replica Database) and one on each backend connected to the MI server. The result of various operations on the backend is stored on the backend datbase. The replicator when executed, updates the MI server database with the latest data from the backend, so when the client syncs with the MI server, it will also get the latest data.

Revert if u need any more info.

Regards,

Rahul

if this helps, do not forget my points.

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

In normal applications (where there is not much data to pass to the client), there is no need to explicitely trigger the replicator.

function of the replicator is to keep the up-to-date data in the replica data base of the MI server , so that make it sure that, the client get the up-to-date data in the next synchronization.

when we trigger the replicator explicitely or in normal case, (the generated function modules at the time of generation of sync bocalls)

1. It calls the GetList BAPI wrapper.

2. It calls the GetDetail BAPI wrapper.

3. It u pdates the replica database for the SyncBO if a delta between the replica database and the backend system is detected.

In normal cases , during synchronization(In the case of sync Type S01) actually what is happening is that,

in the MI server ,

Main things to note here are ,

Receiver , Handler , Downloader, Replicator ,Uploader

<b>Receiver</b> receivs the client's download request.

Receiver creates handler worklist items , and sends a notification to the Handler[].

<b>Handler</b> - This calls first Downloader and then Replicator corresponding to each entries in the handler work list

<b>Downloader</b> - for delta finding...(After first synch ) , if any delta here populate this entries in the Sync Outbox.

<b>Replicator</b> - here the replicator fetches the delta from outbox and update the replication database.

<b>Uploader</b> - uploads data to client device

these Replicator , Uploader , Downloader are generated from SynchBo during SynchBo generation at design time(3 function modules generated at the time of sync bo generation ).

In the case of apllications with large data to pass to the client device(delta ) , we have to explicitely shechule the replicator program as a job.

details of replicator and those things are in the MI Architecture giude . Its good material

Details of this(job scheduling for replicator program) are in this pdf.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/mi/best practices for sap mobile engine 2.5/bblibrary/documentation/mi25_installation_guide.pdf

<when we explicitely do replicator , actually what is happening is that the standard replicator program calls the replicator program associated with our syncBo>

regards

Kishor Gopinathan

0 Kudos

Hi Kishore!

let me know the synchronization type of ur SyncBo?.

what you are actually looking for?.

what is the scenario?.

_______

1). synchronization type i am using is S01.

2). i am trying to replicate the data.

3). i am trying to create a sample application from which i can see the data in the mobile device.

thanks in advance,

Abhishek B

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You have created SyncBo of type S01 , (2 -way).

if you just want to see the data from the back end there

is no need to create syncBo of type(S01).

for S01 , no need to explicitely replicate it.

if u have proper filter associated with your syncbo then during synchronization , data will automatically replicate in the replica DB.

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

try to create application using this syncBo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Have you managed to solve your problem?

Regards,

Rahul

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,,

let me know the synchronization type of ur SyncBo?.

what you are actually looking for?.

what is the scenario?.

regards

kishor

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Abhishek ,

After generating the sync bo have u enabled that?

u have to run the transaction merep_pd(Profile Dialog) , there ur generated syncbo will present in the Synchronizer tab,

just click on that syncbo , edit -> then select the check box against the Header "Enable"..

again replicate..

regards

Kishor Gopinathan