Xcelsius Engage 2008 with Sharepoint web part add on
I am using Xcelsius Engage 2008, the standalone version.
I want to be able to display .swf xcelsius charts on my Sharepoint portal. I am using WSS 3.0 for the portal.
I have installed the .exe in the 'addons>Sharepoint' directory of the cd on my web server.
It doesnt give any error messages, in fact it doesnt give any messages at all, no options for install location etc.
It now shows in add remove programs.
However, when I go to Site administration in WSS 3.0, and then to web part gallery and click 'New', the xcelsius webpart container is not in the list.
Where has it gone?
How to I complete this install so that I can use my swf files in Sharepoint?
Jon Teopaco replied
The current Xcelsius Web Part installer Setup.exe does not work with SharePoint 2007 (Windows SharePoint Services 3.0). Here is the workaround to install Web Part in SharePoint 2007 without running installer:
The easiest way to install a web part in SharePoint is to add the web part assemblies to Global Assembly Cache. To do so:
1) Download and unzip [Xwp.zip|http://rescueresources.googlepages.com/Xwp.zip].
2) Drag Xwp.dll and ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll into C:\WINDOWS\assembly folder on the machine running SharePoint 2007.
3) Open web.config file located in the root of a Windows SharePoint Service 3.0 Web Application directory with Notepad. Normally, the physical location of the default WSS 3.0 Web Application root is C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80. [Click here |http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms474356.aspx]for more information on how to Find the Web Application Root.
4) Insert the following <SafeControl> tag between <SafeControls> and </SafeControls>:
<SafeControl Assembly="Xwp, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7e58495f1a9ea430" Namespace="CrystalXcelsius.SharePoint.WebParts" TypeName="" Safe="True" />*
5) In SharePoint Portal Site Home page, from Site Actions drop-down menu, go to Site Settings->Modify All Site Settings. Click Web Parts under Galleries to open Web Part Gallery Page. Click New to open New Web Parts page. Check CrystalXcelsius.SharePoint.WebParts.Container checkbox and click Populate Gallery. Once it is populated, you will be able to add Container web part to your web part page in SharePoint 2007.