cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius Engage 2008 with Sharepoint web part add on

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Xcelsius Engage 2008, the standalone version.

I want to be able to display .swf xcelsius charts on my Sharepoint portal. I am using WSS 3.0 for the portal.

I have installed the .exe in the 'addons>Sharepoint' directory of the cd on my web server.

It doesnt give any error messages, in fact it doesnt give any messages at all, no options for install location etc.

It now shows in add remove programs.

However, when I go to Site administration in WSS 3.0, and then to web part gallery and click 'New', the xcelsius webpart container is not in the list.

Where has it gone?

How to I complete this install so that I can use my swf files in Sharepoint?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The current Xcelsius Web Part installer Setup.exe does not work with SharePoint 2007 (Windows SharePoint Services 3.0). Here is the workaround to install Web Part in SharePoint 2007 without running installer:

The easiest way to install a web part in SharePoint is to add the web part assemblies to Global Assembly Cache. To do so:

1) Download and unzip [Xwp.zip|http://rescueresources.googlepages.com/Xwp.zip].

2) Drag Xwp.dll and ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll into C:\WINDOWS\assembly folder on the machine running SharePoint 2007.

3) Open web.config file located in the root of a Windows SharePoint Service 3.0 Web Application directory with Notepad. Normally, the physical location of the default WSS 3.0 Web Application root is C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80. [Click here |http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms474356.aspx]for more information on how to Find the Web Application Root.

4) Insert the following <SafeControl> tag between <SafeControls> and </SafeControls>:

<SafeControl Assembly="Xwp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7e58495f1a9ea430" Namespace="CrystalXcelsius.SharePoint.WebParts" TypeName="" Safe="True" />*

5) In SharePoint Portal Site Home page, from Site Actions drop-down menu, go to Site Settings->Modify All Site Settings. Click Web Parts under Galleries to open Web Part Gallery Page. Click New to open New Web Parts page. Check CrystalXcelsius.SharePoint.WebParts.Container checkbox and click Populate Gallery. Once it is populated, you will be able to add Container web part to your web part page in SharePoint 2007.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for posting this solution. It worked!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

How do you publish Xcelsius objects on sharepoint pages? I set c:\reports\SP_Test.swf in "Xcelsius Visualization Source:" field of Container properties, but it no work - blank screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to upload the swf into the sharepoint document library . In the Xcelsius Visualization Source, you need to give the url of the swf in the document library. Providing an actual physical loaction of swf will not work!

Even though I was able to see the flash file in the sharepoint page, it showed Error # 2170 which I am not able to ressolve yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

All work correctly!

Thank you!

Now one problem - refresh data, logon to CrystalReports Server 2008 is not worked...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have followed the instructions yet I cannot see the web part in the list, do I need to restart a service or IIS first?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it matter if we don't have a windows directory and instead have winnt?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Could you let me know how is the authentication of a live connected dashboard(Enterprise Authentication to Business Objects ) handled when we upload a dashboard to Microsoft Sharepoint 2007. If you open the page with Dashboard, will it prompt user to enter his BO userid/password?

Thanks in advance,

Gkurup