Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM 2007?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Experts

I am very new to CRM 2007 let my know some knowledge on CRM 2007 can any suggest me the good documents please provide me the linku2019s

What is Transaction Launcher?

What the use of Transaction Launcher?

What is business role?

Thanks and Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Do you have knowledge of previous SAP CRM versions?

The transaction launcher is a way (using a wizard) of creating navigation bar entries that can launch transactions. For example , you can use the transaction launcher to automatically create a navigation class for a URL (that you have previously defined) so that you can open Google from the navigation bar. You can also use the same process to launch custom BSP applications and GUI transactions.

This is maintained using Customizing (use transaction 'SPRO') in the IMG Guide under:

SAP Implementation Guide > Customer Relationship Management > UI Framework > Technical Role Definition > Configure Transaction Launcher

Alternatively:

SAP Implementation Guide > Customer Relationship Management > Interaction Center WebClient > Basic Functions > Transaction Launcher > Configure Transaction Launcher (Wizard)

Please note the option to define URLs is in the later of these two IMG paths.

Business roles are the Web UI equivalent to what used to be called the WebClient Profile. Basically, it holds a collection of various profiles that define how the system looks/feels and reacts for the user. In the Business Role you define things such as the navigation bar layout, technical layout, telephony buttons, account identification settings.

I hope this isnt too much information. Please award points if useful.

Thanks,

Andrew Griffin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

I meant to say, the message Amar posted contains links to CRM 4.0 so this will be outdated for your requirements (although the transaction launcher hasnt changed that much, it has changed a bit in CRM 2007 due to the use of components).

Also, the reference Amar made to the Business Role is for BP Role and not Business Role - these are totally different entities.

Details of both of these are on help.sap.com > choose mySAP Business Suite, SAP Customer Relationship Management, version 6.0 (which is 2007) and search for the relevant term (i.e. Business Role)

Award points if useful.

Thanks,

Andrew G.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amarnath_kathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

SAP Help is the best place for beginners to start.

For info abt Transaction Launcher, refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/12/c3e68620514b499c06b8eb26874424/frameset.htm.

For Business role -> http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/83/dbf8ad5dc511d2b45100609419ed29/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Amar.