Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CRM 2007?

Hi

Experts

I am very new to CRM 2007 let my know some knowledge on CRM 2007 can any suggest me the good documents please provide me the linku2019s

What is Transaction Launcher?

What the use of Transaction Launcher?

What is business role?

Thanks and Regards

Kumar

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Kumar,

Do you have knowledge of previous SAP CRM versions?

The transaction launcher is a way (using a wizard) of creating navigation bar entries that can launch transactions. For example , you can use the transaction launcher to automatically create a navigation class for a URL (that you have previously defined) so that you can open Google from the navigation bar. You can also use the same process to launch custom BSP applications and GUI transactions.

This is maintained using Customizing (use transaction 'SPRO') in the IMG Guide under:

SAP Implementation Guide > Customer Relationship Management > UI Framework > Technical Role Definition > Configure Transaction Launcher

Alternatively:

SAP Implementation Guide > Customer Relationship Management > Interaction Center WebClient > Basic Functions > Transaction Launcher > Configure Transaction Launcher (Wizard)

Please note the option to define URLs is in the later of these two IMG paths.

Business roles are the Web UI equivalent to what used to be called the WebClient Profile. Basically, it holds a collection of various profiles that define how the system looks/feels and reacts for the user. In the Business Role you define things such as the navigation bar layout, technical layout, telephony buttons, account identification settings.

I hope this isnt too much information. Please award points if useful.

Thanks,

Andrew Griffin.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question