Did you mean: 

Depreciation calculation-AFAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Dep start date : 25.09.2008

Asset aquisition : 29-.09.2008

Dep rate : 10%

While running AFAB, why system is calculating from 1 period i.e., Apr (Fiscal year is 2008) onwards. Dep should be calculated from 6 period i.e., Sep onwards.

And how Acc dep will be closed? at the year end shall we pass a JV like

Acc Dep A/c Dr

To Asse A/c

Can anybody pl let me know the logic behind this?

Regards

anifi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anifi,

See the help behind Smooting

If you set this indicator, the depreciation posting program calculates the periodic depreciation to be posted by distributing the remaining depreciation to be posted equally over the remaining periods of the fiscal year.

Otherwise the system calculates in each period (based on the total annual depreciation) the amount of depreciation that must be posted from the start of the fiscal year to the current period. The depreciation already posted is then subtracted from this amount. If too little or too much depreciation has been posted in previous periods, the system either makes up or reverses the difference in full during the next depreciation posting run using the catch-up method (depreciation for past periods in a lump sum).

-

When you use 1 month depreciaton for an asset, the depreciation is not in 1 Month but split over the fiscal year

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the periods at TCode OAYC for the depreciation area of your company code and enter correct period 6 and year as 2008.

Also check the below path which may helps you further if the solution is not found based on above TCode.

SPRO-Financial Accounting-Asset Accounting-Asset Data Transfer-Parameters for Data Transfer-Date Specifications-Specify Transfer Date/Last Closed Fiscal Year

Cheers

Srinivas

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anifi,

is the planned annual depreciation correct? If not, check your period control for acquisitions.

If the annual depreciation is correct, but the system posts already in period 1, what is your depreciation posting setup? Do you use smoothing or catch-up?

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your response

My dep posting setup is Smoothing.

Is the planned annual depreciation correct? - Where i need to check this....

My period control setting is 01/01/02/02

regards

anifi

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is the planned annual depreciation correct? - Where i need to check this....

Have you tried any of the reports? Or the Asset Explorer?

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you use smoothing, then everything is fine I guess. Please read the documentation on smoothing [here in the SAP Help Portal|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/4f/71dbce448011d189f00000e81ddfac/frameset.htm] (chapter Posting Process).

With the smoothing method, this amount is distributed equally over the periods from the current posting period to the year end (independent of the asset value date of the transaction).

Regards,

Markus