cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precalculation - Broadcast settings

0 Kudos

Hello there,

I need your help please!

Is there in BW3.50 a system table containing the schedule for each precalculation server?

I can see in SM37 all jobs of the precalculation servers by looking for jobs lyke SE*. That's all right. All I need to knov in addition ist the precalculation server on which each of the scheduled job will run, as a list (not being necessary to open each setting)

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204514
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, SQL Table RSRD_REGISTRATN has all the currently scheduled Broadcast Settings. Regards aanand

0 Kudos

Hello aanand,

there is no information about the precalculation server in the tabel.

thanks anyway

Alexander

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks all!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's been a while since I looked at 3.5

Don;t you have a txn code called RSRD_ADMIN then look at schedules?

This looks up various RSRD* tables - ie RSRD_REGISTRATN, RSRD_SETTING and looks in SM37 for SE* jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry post at the same time!

0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

I've sent you an answer but somehow it doesnt apear in the thread.

Well, the mentioned transaction doesn't exist in BW3.5.

I couldnt find the precalculation server in any of the tables RSRD*. Theres a lot of information In these tables , bur not exactly what I need: the precalculation server on which a setting is scheduled!

thank you anyway

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

I take it you aren;t load balancing (which NEVER works!!) and are hard coding the precalc server

In that case,,

Have you looked in table RSR_PREC_QUEUE?

0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

good ideea! In the table RSR_PREC_QUEUE I can see the prec.serv. The only thing is now to join this table with some other table which contains the setting name, usind the ID as key.

... yes, load balancing dosn't work, so I was forced to hard code the name of the prec.serv .

Are you able to use load balancing in BW7 (I'm asking since we are going to upgrade to BW7 in the near future).

regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use BW 7 - the precalc servers (as far as I know) still can;t queue up properly

So we create three parallel streams across three precalc servers and set max workbooks or something like that to 1

The jobs then queue in the job scheduler and not the precalc server

I have an outstanding request to SAP - ie in what situation could max no workbooks ever be > 1?