cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD server exception: IO error: Read timed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have deployed the components for NWDI and after that when i am creating the Domain,I am doing update CMS data for creating a Track. I am getting the following error:

SLD server exception: IO error: Read timed out

Can any one help on this.

Thanks

Ravi.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case i resolved this by adding the FQDN in the URL section for SLD_Client and SLD_DataSupplier in NWA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had to renew the database statistics. It works well now.

Therefor check note 1383798

and this part

Search your entire database for corrupt indexes or missing statistics for the tables BC_SLD_INST and BC_SLD_ASSINST in the Java database schema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue solved by redeploying components again and again.

amy_whelan
0 Kudos

Did either of you find a solution for this? I am getting the same error after upgrading my NWDI instance to NW 7.0.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get a resolution for this?

We are facing the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the SLD data supplier job status and also SLDCHECK transaction code.

just re-start and confirm the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My SLD is a PI 7.0 system and my NWDI is configured on a standalone Java system.

I have done the SLDDataSupplier check, and it connects fine to the SLD.

Also on my http://<hostname>:<port>/devinf/main in the NWDI system, the SLD link points to the right SLD and im able to connect.

Still at the CMS update stage it gives the error -

SLD (URL http://<hostname>:<port>/) server exception: IO error: Read timed out

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure about the SLD, but IO errors are always a sign of physical problems with the media/disks... check your hardware

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have checked the hardware there is no issue at all,the iissue is the SLD is set to a timeout session of 1800sec ,as the time taken to update CIM is more than tat time ,its giveing the error.Can u suggest me how and where to change the Timeout of SLD

Thanks

Ravi.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

whenever you are getting error from SLD point of view.

First thing you should check is all off your RFC destinatinations and JCo connections.

also, can you paste the exact error for better understanding.

Nitin