Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bapi_charact_create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I want to create characteristics transaction ct04 and im using above mentioned bapi for the same.

I have following fields in my flat file

char name,key date,descripton,char group,status,datatype,

char value

Pls let me know in which fields of given structure i have to assign these values.

Regards,

Sunny

5 REPLIES 5

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

BAPICHARACTDETAIL

the above structure is mandatory you need to fill this structure.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link

[http://abap.wikiprog.com/wiki/BAPI_CHARACT_CREATE]

Regards,

Surinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following fields must contain data:

Charact_Name (characteristic name)

Data_Type (data type)

Length (number of characters)

Decimals (number of decimal places)

Status (status) in structure CharactDetail

Description (description) in structure CharactDescription

Either Language_Int (internal language format, 1 character) or Language_ISO (external language format, 2 characters)

ISO format overrides internal format. If there is more than one entry for the same language, the last is relevant.

The values must be entered in the following values tables, according to data type: numeric, time, and date values in CharactValuesNum, character and boolean values in CharactValuesChar, and currency values in CharactValuesCurr. The value descriptions are in table CharactValuesDescr, regardless of data type.

Check tables are entered in table CharactReferences and restrictions to class types are in table CharactRestrictions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

CHARACT is the name of the characteristic u want to create ,VALUE_CHAR is the field to which u have to pass the value and Characteristic description is to the field CHARACT_DESCR of BAPI1003_ALLOC_VALUES_CHAR strucuture and Date to the KEYDATE field.

Thanks,

Deepthi

Edited by: Deepthi B on Sep 29, 2008 2:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnks