Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Print

former_member1038687
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi people! I need a help...

I'm having a problem. In a ALV OBJECT report, when user try to print, the first line of details in each page has the line dislocated to the right, only the first line, the others is OK....

Anyone already seem this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member1038687
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I tried, but if i put values greater then 1000, the program return a dump...so I tried a 999, but the problem remains...

This problem occurs at each page, except the first page....

Edited by: Jack_al on Sep 29, 2008 2:48 PM

6 REPLIES 6

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>the first line of details in each page has the line dislocated to >the right

Are you talking about the header...?

former_member1038687
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, header is Ok...is the details section...When I display ALV in screen, it's all ok, but when I send to print or to spool have this issue...the first line of detail os dislocated to right and it cause a line break...

0 Kudos

i am thinking of Width problem. use bigger Line-size say 1000. in the report statement.

REPORT ZTESTREPORT LINE-SIZE 1024.

former_member1038687
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I tried, but if i put values greater then 1000, the program return a dump...so I tried a 999, but the problem remains...

This problem occurs at each page, except the first page....

Edited by: Jack_al on Sep 29, 2008 2:48 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Jack

This might be overkill for what you need, but I had an ALV report that required the ability to print a specific layout (business requirement). I achieved this through printing an ALV grid to a Smartform ( I actually had 2 Smartforms - one for A4 and one for A3). The data was passed into the Smartform using a series of parameters (for the header of each page) and table of data (the ALV data). I then had a custom print button (using form USER-COMMAND) that allowed me to pre-determine from the selection screen whether I wanted A3 or A4.

By having a Smartform, the output looks better and you have the ability to tweak the look and feel.

Hope that gives you a pointer in the right direction.

Nick

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jackal,

I assume the header is longer than output width and prints one or more spaces in the next line, the 'dislocated' first line follows.

Try modifying the header, i.e. output one more space line.

Regards,

Clemens