cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chain step not started

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a process chain with quite a lot of steps.

Usually, everything runs fine. But this morning, one of the step runs fine (technical and overall status in green in the job log) but the next process has never started... The link between the 2 steps was with dotted green.

I didn't find any error message anywere. I checked in ST22, no dump. No message either in SM21.

Does somebody have any idea of what I could check or what could be the reason of this issue ?

Thanks in adavance for your help.

Pierre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes, it doesn't help to just set a request to green status in order to run the process chain from that step on to the end.

You need to set the failed request/step to green in the database as well as you need to raise the event that will force the process chain to run to the end from the next request/step on.

Therefore you need to open the messages of a failed step by right clicking on it and selecting 'display messages'.

In the opened popup click on the tab 'Chain'.

In a parallel session goto transaction se16 for table rspcprocesslog and display the entries with the following selections:

1. copy the variant from the popup to the variante of table rspcprocesslog

2. copy the instance from the popup to the instance of table rspcprocesslog

3. copy the start date from the popup to the batchdate of table rspcprocesslog

Press F8 to display the entries of table rspcprocesslog.

Now open another session and goto transaction se37. Enter RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH as the name of the function module and run the fm in test mode.

Now copy the entries of table rspcprocesslog to the input parameters of the function module like described as follows:

1. rspcprocesslog-log_id -> i_logid

2. rspcprocesslog-type -> i_type

3. rspcprocesslog-variante -> i_variant

4. rspcprocesslog-instance -> i_instance

5. enter 'G' for parameter i_state (sets the status to green).

Now press F8 to run the fm.

Now the actual process will be set to green and the following process in the chain will be started and the chain can run to the end.

Of course you can also set the state of a specific step in the chain to any other possible value like 'R' = ended with errors, 'F' = finished, 'X' = cancelled ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

In fact, I don't really want a procedure to restart or correct my process chain because I found a way to do that.

But I would like to find out the reason of this issue.

Aanand, did you find something on your side that could explain that ?

Or maybe you have a kind of runway.

Br,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

which was the step where the process chain stops? E.g. InfoPackage, Activating DSO, DTP...

Regards

Andreas

former_member204514
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brunon Pierre, I dont know actual reason behind why it happens. But rescheduling it again will solve the problem. It worked for me.. Regards aanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

the step where the process stop is a DTP. After and before the step, there are 2 other DTPs.

Debjani,

I don't think someone reschedule the process chain because the stop happends at 2:00 am...

But you are talking about system performance. Do you know how I could check that ?

Aanand,

rescheduling my process chain will probably fix my issue for now. But it's not the 1st time it happends and I need to fix that instead of postponed it.

Thanks all for your help.

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look:

Corrections: Deadlock with external status query

SAP Note Number: [994007|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_whm/~form/handler]

70SP13: Terminations in parallel processing

SAP Note Number: [1034535|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_whm/~form/handler]

70SP18: DTP getting data request by req. stops process chain

SAP Note Number: [1147062|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_whm/~form/handler]

/thread/325604 [original link is broken]

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

I checked the different OSS notes you've mentioned but nothing match with my system.

We have the release 700, support package 15. And for most of the OSS notes, the support packaged asked is 12 or 13...

My DTP updates a master data text (and not write-optimized DataStore), so it seems that the oss 1147062 does not fit either.

Pierre

Edited by: Brunon Pierre on Sep 30, 2008 3:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

7.0 Support Package 18: Process chains - DTP confirmations

SAP Note Number: [1002791|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_whm/~form/handler]

Symptom

One of the following errors occurs:

1. Data transfer processes (DTPs) do not report their status to the calling process chain. The chain does not continue running even though the status of the DTP is green.

2. Repaired DTP requests report their status to the process chain twice. This leads to a short dump.

70 Support Package 18: Process chain confirmation is locked

SAP Note Number: [1152142|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_whm/~form/handler]

Symptom

The processing of a process chain hangs after a data transfer process (DTP) request even though it has the status 'Green'. At the same time, another process locks the process chain.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

It took a while to apply the notes but it's done now and the problems seems to be fixed.

Thanks for your help.

Br,

Pierre

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.....

I also faced this issue.........

Suppose your Process chain is running.............Meanwhile someone again schedule it.........

Start

/

A

/

B

/

C

Suppose when your process chain is in Step B.......someone again schedule it........Then it will stop there........It will not proceed furthur ie it will not go to Process C(Inspite of successful completion of step B)......You check the log of the the Process chain...Last saved and Last activated comes by whose name and on which date........Also check the released job is in whose name......

Sometimes it also happens dur to system performance......

Regards,

Debjani......

Edited by: Debjani Mukherjee on Sep 29, 2008 9:47 PM

Edited by: Debjani Mukherjee on Sep 29, 2008 9:52 PM

former_member204514
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I have also faced the same problem several times.It is still not fixed. What you can do is,Just copy the process chain and remove the processed steps and then run it. After it finishes then remove the original process chain from scheduling and schedule it again because it will struck up again at the same process type in the next run. Regards aanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think its not yet triggered, once refresh it and see

Regards

Pcrao.