Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Nullpointer found in view when using WebService: ReportEngine

Hi,

I am currently using Business Objects WebService SDK (Java) to develop some applications, but I encountered some problems on viewing the report.

Following the samples provided by the WebService SDK Libraries

(https://boc.sdn.sap.com/node/18390), I successfully created and

executed a query create a document from a built-in universe, e-Fashion, that gives view of the report (i.e. create a document reference from QueryService and load the view from the document using ReportEngine).However, when I was doing the same in my working universe, it appears an error.

I have found that no views had been set for the document created by the QueryService(i.e. DocumentInformation.isSetView() = false) and get a nullpointer exception when trying to view the report (i.e. DocumentInformation.getView() ) . I also found that there are some MustFillPrompts existing in the document (i.e.DocumentInformation.MustFillPrompts() = true). I suspect it is the clause that the view cannot be shown but I have no clues to fix it due to not enough samples available.

Some Additional information:

I can create and save a Webi report in my working universe, and

optional prompts appear when I was creating the report.

With the Webi report created in the BOE server, I can view the Document from the WebService SDK successfully using ReportEngine (using report id), and here are my findings for the document opened in this sense:

DocumentInformation.isSetView() = true

DocumentInformation.MustFillPrompts() = false

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question