cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two shipments getting created by one delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem in which 2 shipments are getting created for one Delivery document, whereas only 1 Shipment document should be there. When I analysed the shipment documents, I found that the shipment route and forwarding agent are different in both the documents.

Any idea why this is happening? Also, want to know-

1. Is it possible to combine deliveries of different Routes and Fwd agents into one shipment document (VT01N) ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The purpose of a shipment document is to take the materials and send it through a route. As there can be only one shipment for a route and the forwarding agent who will send the goods, a difference in forwarding agent, transportation planning point or route will trigger different shipment document. This is the standard system behaviour.

Hope this helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Navneetha,

In that case, my Delivery document has got Route, say ABCD and it got picked up in a Shipment for Route EFGH. Any idea as to why this happened or where should I investigate for possible errors ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

it is possible to have 2 or more routes and 2 or more agents in a collective shipment. in this case, there is a main route and the sub-routes become stages. it is possible that each stage could have a different agent.

in your case as originally stated, you may not combine more than 1 route or agent in an individual shipment. if your items in the delivery document have different routes or agents, then these items will be split into different shipments.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Navneetha and Jonathan.

Answers (0)