cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re:Mask facility in SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks

i want to know the usage of Masks in MDM.

I know how to create mask in Console and how to add records to Mask.

I want to know the puepose as how masks relates with user roles?

Can anyone try to discuss this with me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

Masks are the STATIC snap shot of the database records and it is used to restrict the user seeing n modifying all the records present in the repository hence provides security.

Masks are similar to Views in RDBMS

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have given a role of Testuser which has only read only permission for a TestMask

Then what ios the result

will the Testuser has permission to modify the TestMask records or only able to see records in TestMask or can he see all records.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

If you have given only read only rights to Test user then that user won't be able to modify the records that are available in that test mask.

If you want to give modify rights as well to that user then you need to make the changes in the role and assign Read/Write access to your test user.

regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Test User cannot cannot modify the mask n it will see only records assigned to Testmask

Regards

Nisha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

Mask is like a userdefined static search view for a particular user.When you assign a record to a mask for a particular user,

only that user will be able to view that record.

Internally MDM, treats Masks as an hierarchy table.

Each mask corresponds to a single record in the

hierarchy.

Masks in short help to add constraints to the records for its accessibility for a particular user or role.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

1. Usage of Mask: If you want to restrict any user to access some records of the repository; then you can assign rest of the records to any mask and just assign that mask to the respective user in Console. Now that user will be able to view only those records that are available in the mask. So, by this you can restrict any user from accessing any particular set of records.

2. Before adding any record to a mask you need to first create a mask in Masks table from Data Manager.

To add a record in mask:

Right click on record --> add to Mask --> select name of mask table

3. To assign any mask to a user

Go to Roles table in console for that particular repository --> select the role --> go to tables and fields tab --> select mask table and using Constrants tab you can assign any mask to a role --> then assign that role to your user.

You can also refer the below links:

Introduction to Masks in MDM

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Masks are like creating views in database.For eg:if there are 100 records and u want only Admin to view all of them and other user should view only 50 then u can create Masks to hide records.

Masks are created in DM .Select Masks as current table in record mode .Right click _Add Mask1.Then select main table select records u want to display to a particular use -Right click -Add to Mask1.

In console under Roles -In Functions tab-Add Mask1 as constraint in Masks table for that Role/User.

Regards

Nisha