cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in NetWeaver CE 7.1 Installation: Step importJavaDump with MSS 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a dozen unsuccessful tries to install SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 onto a Windows platform using the Microsoft SQL Server as the backed I could use help regarding this particular error.

I receive the following error when I try to install the software with MSS as the backend:

ERROR 2008-09-29 10:40:02.319 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:944]

FCO-00011 The step importJavaDump with step key |CE_DevSystem_App|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_Jload|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|importJavaDump was executed with status ERROR .

The error occurs only with MSS. I have both my Windows and MSS updates up to date. When I use MaxDB as the backend everything goes nice and smooth (even the java info dump, or whatever that command does). When I use Microsoft SQL Server as the backend this error is printed. I have tried with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition on both Windows 2003 Server and Windows XP Professional SP3.

The following gets printed to jload.log:

29.09.08 10:39:49 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main
INFO: Jload R 7.10 V 0 A 0

29.09.08 10:39:49 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main
INFO: Jload -sec CE2,jdbc/pool/CE2,C:/usr/sap/CE2/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.properties,C:/usr/sap/CE2/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.key -dataDir C:/Work/Temp/51033845_NW_CE_7.1_Workplace_32-bit\DATA_UNITS\CE71_05_JAVA_JDMP -job C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\CE71_DEV_MSS\INSTALL\IMPORT.XML -log jload.log

29.09.08 10:40:02 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main
SEVERE: couldn't connect to DB

29.09.08 10:40:02 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload logStackTrace
SEVERE: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The connection to the named instance  has failed. Error: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out.
	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(Unknown Source)
	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.getInstancePort(Unknown Source)
	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
	at com.sap.sql.connect.factory.DriverPooledConnectionFactory.createVendorConnection(DriverPooledConnectionFactory.java:50)
	at com.sap.sql.connect.factory.DriverPooledConnectionFactory.getPooledConnection(DriverPooledConnectionFactory.java:37)
	at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:677)
	at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.newPooledConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:626)
	at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.getConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:105)
	at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:202)
	at com.sap.inst.jload.db.DBConnection.connectViaSecureStore(DBConnection.java:109)
	at com.sap.inst.jload.db.DBConnection.connect(DBConnection.java:153)
	at com.sap.inst.jload.Jload.main(Jload.java:702)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
	at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:161)

29.09.08 10:40:02 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload printErrorInformation
SEVERE: An error occured during execution. Please consult SAP note 942766 for first steps on troubleshooting the problem.

For one thing, there is no SAP note 942766 when you search for one at SAP Notes. Another thing that is particularly interesting is that the SQL JDBC driver does not get the SQL instance name, or at least does not print that to the exception message but instead leaves there two whitespaces (The connection to the named instance >>Instance name should be here<< has failed).

Any suggestions on how to get pass this error? All help would be appreciated!

Best regards,

Sven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

please check and ensure that:

- your database server is started.

- your database instance is running and you can connect to it through the network interface

- the entries in secure store contain the correct options for

connecting to the database. (These can be checked via configtool and this only applies to the case when JLoad is run using secure store parameters)

hope this helps

kr,

andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, however the problem was caused by the firewall software. Microsoft SQL Server was installed as described in the sap installation guide and worked just fine with the Management Studio. TCP/IP connections were enabled too.

SQL Server Management Studio was able to connect to a local database with the firewall set on (of course, it is local) but for some reason NetWeaver needs a hole in the firewall for this to work.