Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKOUTVIEW2 with JCO retrieve only one document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing an issue using JCO API.

Here is our cinematic :

1. Call of BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETLIST to retrieve a list of SAP documents

2. Call of BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2

3. Call finally BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKOUTVIEW2 which, in theory, will retrive all the attached files of current SAP document (using middleware sapftp.exe)

Our environment is JRE 1.6, JCO 2.1.8 and calling our java program always retrieves only the first attachement and not the following...

No exception are raised. The same call RFC from ABAP is successful : the three documents attached are downloaded in C:\Temp.

Any idea where to look? JCO compatibility? Where could i find logs? Trying to debug the BAPI when i call it from java, raised an error : Unable to create file in C:\Temp... But the previous file was created in the same folder... So it's weird...

Maybe timeout issue?

Thanks a lot for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastien,

I have the requirement somewhere similar to it. I need to download IBD_MSDS documents attached to a formulation on local pc file at user defined path.

Please tell me how can I change the path and filename while downloading using BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKOUTVIEW2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to use this function CV120_DOC_CHECKOUT_VIEW