Merge company codes
I've got the following issue:
1) 2 company codes in one client. They were previosly legally independent units, but now one the companies acquired the other. They were previously consolidated in SAP.
2) Each of the companies represents a separate line of business that should be reported individually after the merge. Maybe with business areas or segments ?
3) The implemented modules are FI/CO, MM, SD in ERP2004. There is not production (PP).
SAP mainly recommends 2 approaches:
1) Migration. Only balances and open items are migrated
2) Conversion. All transactional data is converted.
Please share your experiance what could be the best approach. Do you have ant detailed information about SAP system landscape optimization (SLO) tools regarding the conversion approach?