cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define a specific export path?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using Crystal Reports XI. In older versions it was possible to define an own standard path for the export.

In CRXI it is now always the windows folder "own documents..." How is it possible to set my own path??

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

This can be done by editing the registery. Please take the backup before you edit the registery.

Go in RunRegeditHKEY-CURRENT-USERSorftwareBusinessObjectsSuit 11.Crystal ReportsExport. Under this option you will find ExportDirectory. Here you can change the path to save your exported file.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Sastry

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be done by editing the registery. Please make a backup copy of it before you edit the registery.

Go to:

Run | Regedit | HKEY-CURRENT-USER | Sorftware | BusinessObjects | Suite 11.

Crystal Reports | Export.

Within Export you'll find "ExportDirectory". Simply change the path to one of your choosing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the tip with the registry works. 🐵

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra

In Crystal Reports, when you export a report as Disk file, you get a window to specify the location where you want to save the exported file.

Click on File ->Export->and Choose Disk file as destination.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand you want to store the exported reports at a specified location so that you donu2019t need to specify it for each time

In CR XI we can not provide the specific path to export the report however if you select the destination as Disc file then the exported file will be stored on the disk at a specified location. Windows remember this location. . Next time when you try to export to Disc File you will be automatically pointed to the same location.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Aditya joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that the path is noticed for the second and further exports, until the application is not closed.

But, if I unterstand you right, for the first time, it is not possible to set the path to a user-defined location? This would be very important for me, so that the user don`t have to choose his preferred disk location manually.

Regards

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you have to manually set the path for the first time while exporting.

Regards,

Alpana