Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC - XD02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I m creating a BDC for T. Code XD02, facing a problem that data not updated in related Table (KNA1)..

When i change directly in XD02, (ADDRESS TAB --> FIELD E-Mail)..it has been saved after click on Save button.

After that when i saw it through XD03, it is showing correctly updated..

But, updated data is reflecting in ADR6 Table, not in KNA1 table..against Address Number.....

Plz. tell me, how can i update those data through my BDC..

Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi

email related field is not there in kna1 table thaswhy it was not updated .That field is available in that table only thaswhy it is updating there.

regards

venkat

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member

Hi

email related field is not there in kna1 table thaswhy it was not updated .That field is available in that table only thaswhy it is updating there.

regards

venkat

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply...

But how can u say that there is not any field related to E-mail in KNA1 table...

What's this field means : KNURL (Uniform resource locator)..

For your assurance, plz create a recording for XD02 and there see that, that field comes or not..

so plz. don't give wrong answer, if u don't know about it..

Thanks..

0 Kudos

Hi

I would agree with the answer of venkatesh to an wxtent.

ADR6 is the table where the E-mail's are stored... Check the table in se11 you will know..

And.....When it is displaying XD03, there should not be any problem.. there are communication structures which take care of pulling values of different tables in the screen.

When u perform BDC, the value gets stored in the Screen field it is assigned to..to know the screen field for any field in the transaction..

Just press f1 and then choose technical settings..in that u can see that:

Field Description for Batch Input:

Screen Field:

So, when u do the recording this table with field is used and further also gets stored there.

So, finally nothing to panic about this.

Regards,

Vishwa.

0 Kudos

hi vishwa,

thanx for reply, i m agree with u and i did whatever u r saying

but problem is that when i m making recording then its displaying KNA1 as a source field table and also after taking F1 help and while updating thru BDC its updating table ADR6.

but problem is that when i m going to display it then its again picking the values from KNA1..

so its so panic for me plz help me.

regards...

prince.

0 Kudos

Hi

KNA1 is the master table of Customer Master, so it will obviously pick values from that table.. There is an ADRNR field in the KNA1 table, based on that value, repective fields from ADR6 are picked up like E-mail for an customer....

So, nothing to panic as I said already.

Regards,

Vishwa.