Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Rec - HRP 5102 has multipe status for Candidate profile Released

vtgopalraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had a requirement to transfer the internal candidates to E-Rec system (from HR system) with their candidate profile in released status.

Hence i have customized the ALE to update the table HRP5102 - STATUS with status "2"(Released) whenever data transfer is done from HR system.

I have two questions here;

1. There are 3 statuses available for the candidate profile in HRP5102 - STATUS field

0 - Locked

1 - Released

2 - Released

What is the difference between status 1 & 2 ?

1. When running a candidate search (using the TREX search), it does not throw the entire list of candidates whose profiles are released but only a few. Is this hapenning because i have the candidates data stored in HRP5102 in status "2"??

Any inputs on the above queries would help me..

Thanks

G Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think we discussed this topic here some times before. The reason for the 3 status values are the original 3 status for the candidate which were supposed to be "currently not looking for a job" (registered a while ago but currently quite satisfied with what i do), "only passive looking for a job" (my job is not that bad but i will come if you put enough cash on the table) and "active looking for a job" (I'm a talent - GET ME OUT OF HERE!).

Later SAP realized that this system does not really make sense as nearly everyone will change the job if the price is fine so the system was changed to be "can be found in the talent pool" and "can not be found in talent pool". But as there were already 3 values, 2 of them got the same meaning. So there is not difference between 1 and 2.

In all cases I checked in the coding there is always a check against value 0. EQ 0 for locked and NE 0 for released. So this should not be the reason if someone is not found in the talent pool search.

Best Regards

Roman Weise

vtgopalraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Roman. The information you provided was very helpful. Iam surprised why SAP would not remove one of the "Released Statuses" (1 or 2) if both mean the same.

Thanks

G Raj

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I assume that someone did not want to write an Expra for the change. If they delete one of the values they would have to wirte a report changing all existing master data. Of course this would need some effort and in addition it influences the uprade as many candidates would be changed which would again result in effects on TREX indexing and timing of the periodical services. Furthermore there is a lot of documentation to do.

Unfortnately many really usefull adaptions/improvements are not done because noone wants to deal with downward compatibility issues. I even specified such changes on behalf of my customers and proved Expras would be easy to build for the topics but unfortunately often noone at SAP is willing to build it.

Best Regards

Roman Weise

Answers (0)