cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Acknowledgments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear XI Experts,

I've read through all of the corresponding Idoc Ack. posts and the How To Guide but still can't figure out why my scenario just won't work.

I've set up a File -> XI -> Idoc scenario and want to receive an acknowledge back in XI and send this out via the Mail Adapter.

File conversion works, Idoc is received in the R/3 system, an ALEAUD Idoc is sent back to XI and references the original Idoc. The problem is, I keep on getting an error at "technical routing of response" within the processing of the Acknowledgement.

The sender of the ALEAUD is the R/3 system, which is correct, the sender interface though is "http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30">Acknowledgment which I've never created and which is also not present!

Also the receiver of the acknowledgement gives me a headache, as it's the original file sender business system, the receiver interface is as well "http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30">Acknowledgment. How can that be? I've even deleted all receiver and interface determinations regarding the inbound processing of the ALEAUD message.

Does anyone know where this mysterious Acknowledgment interface comes from and why there's a receiver and interface determination even though I didn't configure it?

Thanks a lot!

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The usage of namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30 is default behavior seen when ack are sent back to XI. Have u configured BPM for ur case? This is because ur requirement is to send this ack as mail.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I've also tried using a standard Idoc receiver, instead of the mail receiver, so this can't be the reason for the "default interface" which is triggered. This should work without a bpm...

I've also entered the port of the sending system into IDX_ALEREQUEST, but still the ALEAUD IDOC is not treated as a separate message, it always references the original IDOC.

Any other idea what the problem might be?

Regards

Michael

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think no need to configured any thing in XI for acknowledge. It will triggered automatically depending on target system side configuration, check with IDXNOALE program, it will work out easily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem is that there's always a standard sender / receiver within the acknowlegment, with or without a specific receiver in the integration directory. I've checked IDXNOALE already, it says:

Systemport: SAPR12 Client: 020

Acknowledgments requested for all message types in this system

except for the following message types

so that should be fine too, still it does not work....

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per scenario 6 in this document, if you need to process the Aleaduit's as a separate Pipeline message of XI you would need create the steps using report IDX_ALEREQUEST.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903a0abc-e56e-2910-51a8-9dc616df...

Has this been done? if no this needs to be done for the Aleaduits to be treated as XI messages.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my aplogies, I failed to see your reply that IDX_ALEREQUEST is completed.

The only reason this might not do the trick would be that you have provided the incorrect entries.

All the entries should refer to the Sender SAP R3 system and these should match the value as in the Idoc control record of the AleAduit Idoc.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that the entry within IDX_ALEREQUEST does not have any effect on my Acknowledgments. What I expect is that after the entry within IDX_ALEREQUEST has been applied, all ALEAUD messages are treated as separate XI request messages. I can select the corresponding port of the sending system, the partner no. of the receiver is a wildcard, so it shouldn't matter what value I enter there, but this all has no effect on the acknowledgments...

Maybe it's because XI recognizes the sender/receiver interface as "Acknowledgment" (which I did not even create). But How do I get it to identify the ALEAUD Idocs as ALEAUD IDOCs?? The receiver namespace for example is automatically determined as http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30. Where does XI get this from?

Anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Which PI Version do you have? Actually I'm facing the same Problem. Also made very broad entries (used wildcards) in IDX_ALEREQUEST but the message does not show up as a separate message in Monitoring. Perhaps there's a Bug in PI71? Or did you solve the Problem?

Thanks and Greetings,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved with SAP Note Number: 1276077.

Greetings, Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I am also experiencing the same behaviour and it took me a good while before I found this post! However, this SAP note is nowhere to be found??

Any input to what the solution was to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Johan