cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Firefighter ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created one user with "/virsa/z_vfat_firefighter" role and I assigned some other roles to that user in SU01.I want to use this user as firefighter ID .When i searched for this id in firefighter screen to assign firefighters,it is throwing the error

"entry ffid01 doesnot exist in /VIRSA/ZVIRFFIDS"

Can you please help me in this regard

Thanks in advance

Rajani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please ask the owners and the admin's to maintain all the entries in the FF dashborad table which the admin can see from his logon. This is the mandatory thing to be doe before assignment of the FFID.

Also, it is the Owner'd duty (ideally) to assign FFID's to user's not the Admin's; though Admin's do have the right for this as well.

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur replies I assigned the firefighter Id to firefighter.I logged in with the user who had been assigned firefighter Id.when i tried clicking logon button on the firefighter screen it shows "this id is already in use" though it was not in use

thanks

rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refresh and check who is ;logging in as the FF user by going to AL08 or Sm50/Sm51

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On the FF dashboard "used by" column is blank and when i tried clicking logon button ,either i could see only the same screen or sometimes was getting a run time error.

what might be the reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajani,

check the validity date of the FF ID assignment and confirm if you are using the same to which the FFID is assigned by he owner or admin authorization.

Regards,

Hersh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u all problem solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hersh,

One more issue all those we have created in ff backend (FFID,Reason Codes etc)are not reflected in the front end .

why are those reports not working in the (front end) ff?

Please help

Thanks in advance

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajani,

For FF config, are you having any definite process with you that you are following. I would suggest you to go thru the user guide once and implement this in a very systematic way, like what has been suggetsed in the guide.

For example you need to very clearly know what to configure when and what relation does each of the entity has with each other. Also, teher are steps like creating a FFID which you need to follow properly and shoud be well reviewed or else it would be very difficult to trace going further, as is the case now.

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hersh,

We have done everything according to the user guide except for FFID which was created by Basis person.He used already existing user in the backend(which we have created through AE) and assigned firefighter role.

We could see the reports in the FF toolbox (backend).

Thanks

Rajani

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You have to differentiate between the FFID ( a service user with wide access) and the Firefighter (normal user which is assigned an FFID).

The service user has to be set up in FF "Security", assigned to an Owner/Controller, then the owner can assign the FFID to the future Firefighter (who also needs to have /VIRSA/Z_VFAT_FIREFIGHTER to start the transaction).

It's all in the manual.... You may also want to look into the best practice documents, available through the BPX GRC Wiki.

http://help.sap.com/bp_grcv152/GRC_US/HTML/index.htm

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, to add to what Frank said, did you maintain other things like

1. Controllers for the FFID.

2. Owners.

3. Assignment of 1 & 2 to 3 or vice versa.

4. Passwords for the FFIDs.

The list wil be endless and procedural. That's the reson I would like to suggest again to review the plan or steps you have followed in FF and I guess with the help of user guide only that would be enough. But you may take help of other docs in case you feel like. Also, the whole procedure would be difficult to explan here.

So, check some of the above mentioned things + what Frank suggested or I would suggest you to review the same from start to end otherwise you would be encountering issues like these every now and then, going further too.

Regards,

Hersh.

Edited by: HERSH GUPTA on Oct 1, 2008 2:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong it is recommended that FFID should be Service user but not mandatory.

Anyways i tried even with the FFID(service user) and done evrything you(Hersh) hv told according to user guide.

But still the problem persists.

Thanks & Regards

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani,

You are absolutely right!!

Regards,

Hersh.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The reason for the service user is that you don't want the password for the underlying FFID user to expire.

If working along the best practices doesn't help you I suggest you open a support call.

Frank.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

A Firefighter ID needs to be set up by the Firefighter Administrator.

Go to the Security tab and enter the FF ID + Password

Go to the owners tab and assign the newly created ID to an owner.

This owner (with the /VIRSA/Z_VFAT_ID_OWNER role) can then assign Firefighters to that ID.

Frank.