cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppLockingTechnicalLockException in ejbCreate()

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently migrating from JBoss to WebAS 6.40 SP15. The components are deployed and the server

is configured accordingly. An Oracle XA Datasource is configured using Vendor SQL and the 10.2.0.1.0 Driver

is registered. The datasource works, which was tested by executing sample queries.

When the ejbCreate() is called on on my ProvidedServiceBean, the following Exception is thrown:

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.ejb.exceptions.BaseEJBException:

TechnicalLockException when trying to lock the instance before writing.
	at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.entity.pm.lock.TableLockingSystem.write(TableLockingSystem.java:89)
	at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.entity.pm.UpdatablePersistent.create(UpdatablePersistent.java:242)
	at com.myCompany.myBeans.ProvidedServiceBean60Persistent.create(ProvidedServiceBean60Persistent.java:567)
	at com.myCompany.myBeans.ProvidedServiceBean60PM.ejbCreate(ProvidedServiceBean60PM.java:260)
	at com.myCompany.myBeans.ProvidedServiceLocalHomeImpl60.create(ProvidedServiceLocalHomeImpl60.java:314)
	... 35 more

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.applocking.exception.AppLockingTechnicalLockException:
Table ProvidedService not found in catalog
	at com.sap.engine.services.applocking.TableLockingImpl.getTable(TableLockingImpl.java:630)
	at com.sap.engine.services.applocking.TableLockingImpl.getArgument(TableLockingImpl.java:383)
	at com.sap.engine.services.applocking.TableLockingImpl.lock(TableLockingImpl.java:128)
	at com.sap.engine.services.applocking.TableLockingImpl.lock(TableLockingImpl.java:138)
	at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.entity.pm.lock.TableLockingSystem.write(TableLockingSystem.java:82)
	... 39 more

BTW, I do not use Data Dictionaries. Am I required to use them in order to access my tables?

Thanks in advance.

best regards

Marcel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

For CMP beans there are three locking modes Table, Administrative and Local

See the link bellow for more information about available locking options

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a1/d81db94a10bc4b83b3f60b0e3037e7/frameset.htm

You may specify which locking mode to be used in the persistent.xml, tag “locking”

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/369f1dddb7ff4c96c2bacdd7aa6c87/frameset.htm

I suppose that you didn’t define explicitly the locking mode in persistent.xml, i.e. tag “locking” is missing, so the default locking mode is used - Table locking. Table locking intends to use tables that are defined in Data Dictionary.

So my suggestion is to specify Administrative locking in the persistent.xml or to define tables in Data Dictionary without changing the pesristnet.xml.

Regards, Viktoriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the tip, it actually solved my problem. I switched from "Table" to "Local" locking.

best regards

Marcel

Answers (0)