cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of equipment in different plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just want to ask if it's possible to install equipment to a functional location of a different plant? For example, I have an equipment assigned to plant 1004 and I want to install it to a functional location assigned to plant 1005? Is this also possible if the plants are assigned in different company codes? Like plant 1004 is in BP01 and 1005 is in BP02?

If this is possible, at which part in customizing should I enable this. I have tried doing this but the error message says installation in different plants not permitted, how and where should I set this to be allowed?

Thanks,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Ramesh

Thanks for your reply

We will follow your information in newly created Equipment's.

But already we have done more no of equipment transfers between plant to plants which has affected the Old Maintenance orders severely.

Again repeating the message :

*MEANS THAT After Equipment transfer - changes effected in Equipment Description of Old TECO maintenance orders -

How to avoid the same*

Whether any possible ways to avoid the same

please reply

Regards

Subramanian.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating equipment master keep Maintenance plant field blank in master data.

Whenever you are doing the maintenance, provide at which maintenance plant you are doing so in the maintenance order or master data of equipment master & once maintenance completed , remove maintenance plan from master data.

Ramesh

0 Kudos

Follow the following steps

1. Dismantle the equipment from functional location using IE02

2.Ensure all work order and notifications are closed against the specific equipment.

3.Change the maintenance plant in equipment master using IE02.The maintenance plant of new functional location should be updated in the equipment master

4.Install the equipment on the new functional location using IE02

HI ALL GURU'S

FOLLOWED THE ABOVE STEPS & EQUIPMENT HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED FROM ONE PLANT TO ANOTHER PLANT.

BASED ON THE NEW PLANT REQUIREMENT, EQUIPMENT DESCRIPTION HAS BEEN CHANGED WHICH HAS BEEN AFFECTED IN THE OLD PLANT RESPECTIVE EQUIPMENT OLD TECO MAINTENANCE ORDERS

*MEANS THAT After Equipment transfer - changes effected in Equipment Description of Old TECO maintenance orders -

How to avoid the same*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow the following steps

1. Dismantle the equipment from functional location using IE02

2.Ensure all work order and notifications are closed against the specific equipment.

3.Change the maintenance plant in equipment master using IE02.The maintenance plant of new functional location should be updated in the equipment master

4.Install the equipment on the new functional location using IE02.

The maintenance plant of the functional location and equipment should be the same for accurate installation of equipment.

Regards,

Tehsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Have you found the solution?

Regards

Núria

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you are asking a very basic and fundamental question. You declare to the system that this is my area i.e. functional location in this plant X and then you also declare, this is my equipment, which is again in plant X. You have another area few miles away in a different plant Y. Forget any software, is it possible to install equipment of plant X in plant Y?

It is not and there is no way you do it practically also. I hope you agree with this.

Regards,

Ketul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

1. Dismantle the equipment from the existing functional location, goto IE02, structure, then dismantle the f/l and Save.

2. Then assign a new Functional Location to the equipment.

But before you do all these things, close all the mainteance notifications, orders and any maintenance plans.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

it is not possible to assgin the equipment to differnet plants.

and if you want to install a equipment to functional location then ,

you need to active chek box in functional location data IL02, goto structure tab the tick to equipment insatalled allowed.

-ashok

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

One equipment which is already installed at one plant then how can you install it at any other plant? You can dismantle it and assign it to different plant if that plant comes under same company code.

Regards,

kaushal Rai