cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

company name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

A Client has a requirement where in he needs to changes his company name from ABC to XYZ.

1)where do the changes have to be made in SAP?

2)any implication in SD module

3)any implication of the changes in other modules

any ideas?

Regards,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

If you are just changing the company name then there is not much to worry in SD. Just check the following:

1. Test all SD outputs

Outputs may display the company name from company code table or from standard texts. If it is standard texts then change all standard texts to reflect the new company name. Once this is done, test all SD outputs just to ensure that the new name is printing correctly. Some times if the new name is longer, it may print in two lines. In such cases get the output forms fixed by your ABAPer.

2. Change Name in External Systems

Most companies use external systems for some reason. My company uses a scheduling system because SAP Transportation does not meet our demands. This sytem prints the company information on it's outputs. All such systems should be updated manually if there is no automatic Synchronization.

3. Check Interfaces

Just to be on the safe side, test all interfaces your organization has.

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition to the above threads, If you are changing the company code / company name , you need to change all the output forms.

As you know, all the companies will be having Logo and Name printed in bold/colour in the Quotation / Invoice prints. The associted forms needs to be changed.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This u ccan do in Enterprise Structure-Definition-Finanacial Accountin-Define Company.Select ur company and change the name and save.The old documents will be in the old name and after chaning the new company name will appear in the documents.

Regards

RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the Name of the company in Enetrprise structure ( contact your FI consultant for assistance) .

SPRO>IMG>Enterprise Structure>Definition>Financial Accounting>Edit, Copy, Delete, Check Company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Seshagiri,

Thanks for the reply, but let me know where the changes get affected in SD and other modules because of the name change?

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can u check with tcode ox15 [give ur company name] & change company name and save new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharad,

Thanks for the quick reply. However, all I need to know is if I change the company name

I know of the company name change in SPRO-enterprise structure, but all I need to clarify is...

1))How will it affect SD module

2)will it affect any other modules

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think a FICO consultant can help you in this.I have not dealt with company name in sales and distribution . we mainly deal with company code and sales organization [which is SD's highest organization level].

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raj

From SD part I think that the change in name will take place only for the documents which you are newly creating. It will not consider if you create any document by referencing the existing document

Not sure on FI implication from SAP point of view. If you ask me for practical purpose, you should have got proper approval from Registrar of Companies and approved by Reserve Bank of India. Of course, it involves lot of supporting documents and paper work which again comes under the purview of FI.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for all your replies. ok, tell me one thing. If the client is creating a new sales document,obviously new company name would be identified. However, if a reference is taken of an old document what would be the effect- old or new company name?

Can you please give an example of this Lakshmipathi?

I think he has taken all the necessary approvals from ROC,India.

Thanks for the practical answer.

Regards,

Raj